Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How does this build sound? Would you change anything?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've shot 40gr rounds from 1:7's except some early 90's Federal Blitz -stuff it works. Depends on a lot of things like the thickness of the jacket and the "sharpness" of the lands.

I would NEVER buy a 1:9 for ANYHTING -- let alone a SBR.

Feedback Score
    You guys are rough. As an uneducated newbie I build my SBR with 1/9 twist barrel. Back to my question how far can I accurately shoot 55gr and 62 grain bullets out of my ill fated gun.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinski
    You guys are rough. As an uneducated newbie I build my SBR with 1/9 twist barrel. Back to my question how far can I accurately shoot 55gr and 62 grain bullets out of my ill fated gun.
    PM sent.

Feedback Score
    I wouldnt change a thing until it breaks. Its not what I would want for my own, but I wouldnt leave it behind. If you practice and learn how to shoot, a bullet in the brain box from a 1:9 or 1:7, is going to put an end to the story. In the mean time spend money on practice ammo.

If its functioning, dont worry about the M4 ramps either. My SBR doesnt have them and I have over 5K rounds including a bunch full auto lately without any problems.

How far you can accurately shoot, depends on you more than anything. I have a "match" barrel on my SBR, and I know I could hit a human sized target at 600yds with my EoTech using MK 262. I'm sure yours is more than accurate enough.

I'd suggest you try another persons SBR with a Krink. It works for what it is, but its also a half pound on your muzzle. Be honest defining your requirements and you'll be happy with your choices.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I would not change one single thing.

Ask yourself one question; how much of the super expensive MK 262 are you going to be shooting in reality? While it’s true that a 1/7 barrel would have given you more versatility, that does not mean much in the real world. For example, I have not shot a single round heavier or more exotic than 55 grain (M193) in the past two years. It’s just too damn expensive. Your 1/9 barrel will do just fine with 55 grain (M193, Q3131, etc.) or the heavier 62grain (M855). Just go shoot the hell out of it.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

I was shooting the steel at 300yds on the KD range at Blackwater in May with my 11.5" SBR using an Eotech 552. It is 1x7 twist an I shot 55gr American Eagle. Yours is likely just as accurate. If this is a toy and you've already stated your shooting 55-62gr ammo then 1x9 will serve you very well.

My 11.5" is my 'go-to' gun and goes pretty much everywhere with me and it's in it's Eagle case with four 30 round HK mags loaded up with Black Hills 77gr. I like the terminal ballistics of the 77gr so that is why I went with 1x7 on my gun.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4
    I was shooting the steel at 300yds on the KD range at Blackwater in May with my 11.5" SBR using an Eotech 552. It is 1x7 twist an I shot 55gr American Eagle. Yours is likely just as accurate. If this is a toy and you've already stated your shooting 55-62gr ammo then 1x9 will serve you very well.

My 11.5" is my 'go-to' gun and goes pretty much everywhere with me and it's in it's Eagle case with four 30 round HK mags loaded up with Black Hills 77gr. I like the terminal ballistics of the 77gr so that is why I went with 1x7 on my gun.
    Christ reminder to myself dont mess with Robb. I pitty the fool who tailgates you...
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Paulinski - Enjoy your blaster! Shoot the living piss out of it and when something breaks upgrade at that time. OR build another one with the specs there were recommended in this thread

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info guys for now I will shoot it and practice with it. I also have an eye on LMT 10.5 upper. 1/7, M4 ramps (receiver, barrel extension). What do you guys think about this upper?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks for the info guys for now I will shoot it and practice with it. I also have an eye on LMT 10.5 upper. 1/7, M4 ramps (receiver, barrel extension). What do you guys think about this upper?

Thanks
    Great choice

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast