Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycling?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Cycling?

Anyone into road cycling? I was into it pretty hardcore for about 2yrs but got out of it due to a loss of muscle mass...and just being burnt out. (i was only doing 100miles per week when i stopped riding)

But as spring rolls around i've been thinking of picking up another bike....

Any other roadies out there?

I'm in to it. So is my brother, also on this board. We are also in Texas. PM for details.
    Disclosure - I am the Founder of www.FusionWebArchitects.com and don't shoot for living. However, I do run websites for various companies by contract, including several in the firearms business. I also do product photography for some (like Maglula & Slidefire Solutions). Our clients include www.CrossbreedHolsters.com, www.LoessHillsTactical.com, www.Maglula.com, www.AccurateArmory.com and various FFLs. Pics at http://www.flickr.com/photos/owen-imaging

Feedback Score
    Been Ridin since 04. Mountain and roadie. Love it. Many things come and go but I have never lost the will to "just go ride". I like guns and shooting but it dont soothe my soul like riding and the beach. Keep me healthy too.

Feedback Score
    Roadie here. If you were getting fatigued and losing muscle mass at only 100miles per week, you should give your nutrition and training/recovery regimen a good once-over. Excellent resource for information here. My endurance & energy level during centuries, strength, and recovery improved and I maintained muscle mass after switching to their products (no financial interest, just a happy customer).
    Last edited by ballistic; 03-06-11 at 17:40.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Well i wasnt losing a ton of muscle mass, but i got down to 195lbs and i was kinda getting away from the weight rooom.

And just for the record i was crusing during those miles, i mean i avg. 18-20mph most of the time, unless it was a recovery ride.
    Last edited by J-Dub; 03-06-11 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    Understood, without supplemental weight training and protein intake, my muscle mass was taking a hit too. During cycling season, I also try to avoid doing any leg workouts, as it can be extremely counter productive. They get enough on the bike.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I ride road and mtb. Lots of fun. I am purely an amateur though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So what does everyone ride? I'm no bike snob, but i love looking at nice bikes.

My last bike i built up on a Specialized Allez elite frame, Sram Rival, ect..

Wish i wouldve never sold it, looking at pics of it makes me miss her more!

Last edited by J-Dub; 03-07-11 at 09:40.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got into Mountain biking about a half a year ago when I was looking for good ways to get out and do stuff. Helped a lot for my lower half to build muscle and trim down.

Winter kept me from getting out, but now that spring is rolling back around, I am planning on getting a new Trek 29er and really hitting up the local trails. Currently ride a little 26" walmart bike.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I haven't cycled much in the last year but plan on starting up again soon as I am way out of shape. Mainly a roadie but have an MTB that gets some use. My road bike is a Lemond with 105/Ultegra mix, not an ultra light bike but works for me. I am quite fortunate with my location, Red Rock Canyon here in Vegas is just around the corner and makes for a great backdrop for riding. I am probably around 100 miles a week when I ride regularly.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast