Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Cycling?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I add lube, that's about it.

Feedback Score
    I have an old trek 1000 for my commuter.

For my training rides I use a Specialized Allez elite with ultegra's.

and for a punch in the balls I have a beautiful Giant TCR advanced frame hanging on the wall that I accidentally cracked before I even got to ride it.
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    Long time roadie here. Been riding since the early '70s. Also an avid weightlifter. I hit the gym every morning before work and ride usually 4 days a week. If I do over about 180 miles a week I lose too much muscle so I keep my rides to 40-50 miles a shot. Right now my stable includes a 2002 Casati Rondine carbon with Campy 10 Record, a 2005 Fuji Team carbon with Chorus 10, and my pride and joy I built up last spring, a 2008 Pinarello Paris with Record 11 spd and Easton EC 90 SL carbon tubulars. As close to perfect as I've ever been on.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Road cross country in the summer of 2005 in 32 riding days. Total mileage when done was aprox 4200 miles (Oceanside OR to Portland Maine through parts of Canada), averaged about 130 miles a day with two double century rides in there. Most amazing experience in my life beside my daughter being born. Haven't road much since then due to marriage, and work etc...

I am riding in the OH TOSRV which is mother's day weekend. First time riding in awhile but me and a buddy have started training.

I have a Specialed Alez Comp with full ultegra parts.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I ride all mountain but like to commute. Any ideas on a low cost road bike that will handle 20 miles a day? It is tough riding a 5.5" travel FS bike through the city.

Looking to spend $500 or so just to get a bike and see if it is worth it.
    Search Ebay for a Trek 1000 or 1.2 they are cheap and worth it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yup!

I just got back from a ride actually. Can't beat the 65 degree weather out here. I was lazy and didn't ride much during the cold rainy winter months though.

Been cycling for about 1.5 years. I'm more a power, muscular and explosive type guy, but this is a nice change of pace. My main discipline are short distance time trials, although I'll do some fun rides with friends, long charity rides and I also did a charity century along the California coast last year.

Here I am at the beginning of a TT race last year. Don't have the SRAM wheels anymore...too heavy for the hills around here. Just got some new lighter ROL Race SL wheels recently. I have a road bike too but I just like the extra speed of a time trial bike much more.

High speed, low drag applies here too.

Last edited by OutlawDon; 03-09-11 at 21:02.

Feedback Score
    For Road, I ride a 2008 Felt F3 full carbon. Mavic Ksyrium wheels. 15.03 pounds

Mountain, a BMC Fourstroke 01. Full susp. 23 lbs.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dmcutter View Post
    ... and my pride and joy I built up last spring, a 2008 Pinarello Paris with Record 11 spd and Easton EC 90 SL carbon tubulars. As close to perfect as I've ever been on.
    Now that is a cool bike! Pinarello's are certainly droolworthy.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    its official, i'm going down to my local bike shop this week to see what kind of deals they have (Felt, Orbea).

Maybe Felt has some 2010 stock leftover at a nice price. I dont need anything crazy. Aluminum frame, atleast 105 or rival....

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    its official, i'm going down to my local bike shop this week to see what kind of deals they have (Felt, Orbea).

Maybe Felt has some 2010 stock leftover at a nice price. I dont need anything crazy. Aluminum frame, atleast 105 or rival....
    That's how I got my Lemond. It was basically half price. I have never ridden a carbon frame so I don't know what I am missing and neither does my bank account

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast