Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions of mag pouches for ccw?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Opinions of mag pouches for ccw?

I'm looking for recommendations for ccw mag pouches. Do you all have particular recommendations?

I have used and liked these, Bianchi Model 29,

but I ordered this one to try in plain black, Bianchi AccuMold Elite.
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    I use a single IWB mag pouch from Wild Bill's Concealment, but since IWB carry of mags is for some reason irritating to me even if IWB carry of a 1911 is not, here's what I do:

Use a Velcro keeper to hold it horizontal on my left front, OUTSIDE the belt, with bullets pointed up and base pad pointed outboard. It's well concealed, accessible, won't show when you bend over, and all-day comfortable. I worked this out myself and I can't remember seeing it anywhere else. It makes so much sense to me that I don't know how it's escaped everybody else's notice.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    That accumold looks more like duty gear. It looks a little bulky for plain clothes or concealed carry.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    certain leather makers do a very nicely executed inside the waistband mag pouches for real deap concealment.

If that isn't your cup of a tea, a a simple small OWB kydex/leather single pouch has always worked for me

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    That accumold looks more like duty gear. It looks a little bulky for plain clothes or concealed carry.
    You are right, it is intended for duty, but i did want to try one.

Here is another recommendation fron Comp-Tac.
    "The war against this enemy is more than a military conflict. It is the decisive ideological struggle of the 21st century and the calling of our generation." George W. Bush

Jesus said to him, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me. John 14:6

Feedback Score
    The Milt Sparks D4C works very well.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linea_de_Fuego View Post
    You are right, it is intended for duty, but i did want to try one.

I'm sure it's a nice piece, but the concern would be the Belt loop holes being quite large since they're set up to accomodate a duty size belt.

It might fit sloppy on a regular pistol belt.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I like the ones by Ready Tactical, but good luck getting any.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I like the ones by Ready Tactical, but good luck getting any.

Beware of Ready Tactical ! His website has been taken down for a few months, my emails to him bounced back for at least 6 months, unanswered email went over one year, phone calls unanswered. He has my holster that I left for him to repair, that's a year and a half ago.

Feedback Score
    I have a Blade-Tech double that I've had for roughly 10 years and it still works great. I have a Comp-Tac single pouch that is roughly 8 years old and is a solid product as well.

As noted above, avoid stuff designed for duty belts. Most duty belts run 2.25-2.5" and most concealed carry belts are in the 1.5" range.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast