Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $300 budget 1-4x or 1.?-6x illuinated Scope?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaFadda View Post
    Xfire, I understand the pain. We would all like a $750 aimpoint, with an additional 5x scope behind it... along with the $300 price tag. But its not going to happen. Whether its being disabled, or having four kids to feed, most of us just can't spend the extra cash. SOOOOOO.... try these folks: Primary Arms. Here's a link for their clone M4 red dot. They have a package price for red dot and magnifier. If you don't see it... Call them. They're good people. I've got three of these. They stay zeroed, and they're all I need. $89 or $700? I've already decided. Take them into battle? Maybe not. But hunting or the range? Your'e gonna love em.
    http://www.primaryarms.com/product.s...categoryId=419
    Thanks! I am right on track with that recommendation! I am waiting for a reply from a forum member on a Primary Arms M4 I am going to buy from the EE! That solves that.

I do like the Burris TAC 30 but, one thing I am not fond of is that you can't use a flip up caps on the rear because the whole thing moves.

I did not care much for the Luepold AR I looked at in my local Cabelas but, I will keep my eye out for other options.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfire68 View Post
    This is not one of the things I need to hear! It's not helpful in any way at all. Having looked for a while now I know what I can afford and what I can't. Being a disabled Vet I don't have funds like a working person may have. This is why I listed my budget and a few of the items I have already looked into.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrefan View Post
    No kidding. That's the kinda BS I've been hearing for the last couple of weeks on this forum?

OK. Here it is....wait for it....GETA NIGHTFORCE.....You know, buy once pay once, right? So go ahead. Who needs to pay that powerbill? Screw it! Cause, if you can't buy the best, then screw the rest!!!! WHOO RAH!!!!

NF doesn't make the best scopes...

Anyways all Im saying is to save your money you do have, and buy something better than a pellet gun quality of scope. You don't have to spend 1k+ to get something that will work. But theres a big jump in quality between something for $500-600 and sub $300.

I was once a poor Army private so I know all about not having tons of extra spending cash, and I still have a wife + 2 young kids to take care of.

If you don't want advice don't ask for it. If you want a specific reply go sit in front of a mirror and talk away.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    NF doesn't make the best scopes...

Anyways all Im saying is to save your money you do have, and buy something better than a pellet gun quality of scope. You don't have to spend 1k+ to get something that will work. But theres a big jump in quality between something for $500-600 and sub $300.

I was once a poor Army private so I know all about not having tons of extra spending cash, and I still have a wife + 2 young kids to take care of.

If you don't want advice don't ask for it. If you want a specific reply go sit in front of a mirror and talk away.
    Now that was helpful. You gave me some info on what price point I should be looking to get a optic that I will be happy with.

Can you maybe point me further towards a scope in that price range. I am not opposed to saving up and buying a better optic but, I can say 99% of the time without fail something will come up before I can save up passed $400! It always does! LOL Not really funny!

I was lucky enough to be able to buy myself a AR and it did cost $699 so can I get another $699 to buy good optics?? Not really sure but, I can dream. I also have to buy some steel targets and bullets and powder oh and primers! SOB here we go!

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    The first thing you need to do is find out what you want specifications wise and then go from there.

I would rather sacrifice illumination and get a better scope quality wise. Ive never even used the illumination on my Schmidt and Bender 3-12.

If you want externally adjustable turrets that adds cost. If you are only shooting out to ~300 you don't need external turrets. 556 shoots flat enough...

http://swfa.com/Leupold-15-5x20-Mark...ope-P3308.aspx

1.5-5x20's: http://swfa.com/Leupold-VX-3-VX-3L-R...pes-C1695.aspx

There are others, too, like the SWFA SS 1-4 and Viper PST. Read the reviews posted here.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Meopta is a popular scope for competition. They are coming out with a new model in the next few months (it's 4-months overdue already). I reckon the older models will be sold by people wanting the newer model. Right now, a new Meopta sells for right at $800, I'd think you should be able to pick up a nice used one for $550-$650 when the new ones come out.

While you're saving up, start looking through some different scope and see what's available. Keep looking and be ready to pounce because good used scopes don't last long on EE.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There are others, too, like the SWFA SS 1-4 and Viper PST. Read the reviews posted here.
    Those reviews are what brought me to this site. Good reviews are IMO worth their weight in gold.

Feedback Score
    for a 300 budget i would get the Nikkon M223

http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/Prod...23-1-4x20.html

Point Blank reticle: Available exclusively on the M-223 1-4x20, this reticle delivers fast, extremely accurate shots from zero out to a 200 yard range “point blank range” for the .223/5.56mm 55-grain polymer tipped round.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OP, if you can up your target price these are where I would be looking. The PST is $500 and the SS is $800. The PST is a lot of scope for $500, IMO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Xfire68 View Post
    I have been looking for some time now for a good/great optic for my new S&W AR15 OR. I have looked at the Leatherwood, GRSC Combat Rifle Scope, TAC 30 and a few others but, I just can not make up my mind and when I have been close to buying (TAC 30) it was out of stock!

Any other options I am missing that I should be looking at or any pros/cons to the ones I have listed? Thanks for any help!
    Check your PM's.
    Familiarity breeds contempt -- and children.

Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    The Burris Tac30 1-4x24 is actually pretty damn impressive. Been running its bigger more expensive brother the XTR for over a year now as my 3gun optic.... And I'm not very nice to that gun. Constantly banging it into barricade ands all sorts of other stuff. Buddy of mine picked up one of the Tac30's and I'm considering getting rid of this XTR for one of the Tac30's. I will more than likely get one anyways, as I have a build calling for one.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast