Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $300 budget 1-4x or 1.?-6x illuinated Scope?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    I havent seen anyone mention the Weaver 1-3 scope. I ve had one for years that I 've hunted with a lot and it has worked fine. non illuminated though.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    For the $$, the Bushnell Elite 4200 1.25-4X is mighty decent. It has the German #4 reticle with an illuminated dot that is used for low-light conditions. Wide field of view at the lowest setting (81 feet), very clear optics and seems to be built well. I have had no issues with mine. Full specs here. Amazon has them new for about $370 here.

I just bought the SWFA SS 1-4 so I'm selling the Bushnell. Feel free to PM me if interested.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    For $300 I don't believe there is anything available that can compete with the Burris TAC30.

Here is a little review I previous had-

Burris sent me their new Full Field 30 Tactical. The scope is 1-4x24mm with a 30mm tube and features their Ballistic CQ reticle.

Scope comes with factory slingshot lens covers.

And a technical sheet.

Once I opened the box and unwrapped the scope I noticed the finish was excellent. It has slightly more sheen than the XTR-14. Kind of a satin finish. Very nice.

The FF30 Tac in a P.E.P.R. mount.

Fit of the mount to the scope was perfect.

Non-illuminated, 1x magnification at 50 yds.

Illuminated, 1x power at 50 yds.

Non-illuminated, 4x magnification at 50 yds.

Illuminated, 4x power at 50 yds.

I did not use the high illumination settings for any of the above pictures. The setting depicted is middle to middle-high.

I am not a professional photographer by any means. Picture quality does not accurately depict the clarity of the optic tested. The glass is extremely crisp and clear. I was very surprised by the image quality for a ~$300 scope.

Illumination is activated by pushing the rubberized button on the left side. It is adjusted in intensity by pushing again. To reverse intensity settings it is necessary to hold the button for three seconds. To turn illumination off, hold for five seconds. Illumination will automatically shut off two hours after the last intensity change.

Weight, the FF TAC30 is 13.1 oz. Length, the FF TAC30 is 10 9/32 in.

For a $300 scope it offers a number of features that make it stand out in this price range. Burris could easily ask more for this optic, but it's good to finally see a quality scope for those who have to shoot on a budget.

I cannot emphasize enough how amazed I am with the quality of this optic.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by newkirk View Post
    I havent seen anyone mention the Weaver 1-3 scope. I ve had one for years that I 've hunted with a lot and it has worked fine. non illuminated though.
    Maybe that's because he said "Illuminated", lol I agree though, it is a great little scope....was my starter 3 Gun optic, and now resides on my M&P15-22 practice rifle.

Regarding the $300 budget - I'd concur with what has already been written - the Burris TAC-30 1-4x is taking the market by storm....in fact, they are sold out right now in most places.
    Dan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes I was going to "Pull the trigger" and buy one about a week ago but, I could not find anywhere that had one in stock! I still don't like that I can not pull a rear flip up cover on it but, that is a minor inconvenience.

I am also thinking hard about the GRSC CRS as I like that it is a guy trying to make it with hit design and I kind of like it from what I have seen and he gives a pretty darn good discount to Vets! I have not dismissed the recommendations to shoot for a higher budget but, I do want to be able to shoot this year! LOL

I would have never guessed I would have had this much trouble deciding on a rifle scope!

Quote Originally Posted by SA80Dan View Post
    Maybe that's because he said "Illuminated", lol I agree though, it is a great little scope....was my starter 3 Gun optic, and now resides on my M&P15-22 practice rifle.

Regarding the $300 budget - I'd concur with what has already been written - the Burris TAC-30 1-4x is taking the market by storm....in fact, they are sold out right now in most places.

Feedback Score
    http://swfa.com/Weaver-15-6x24-Super...pe-P40570.aspx

http://swfa.com/Burris-1-4x24-Fullfi...pe-P48171.aspx

http://swfa.com/Nikon-1-4x20-M223-Ri...pe-P45743.aspx

Good luck brother with whatever you decide on getting. I once pulled the trigger on a real expensive scope IOR 4-14 ill. Great scope. But the scope that it replaced was IMHO was just as good just the recticle wasn't a ranging one. Nikon BuckMaster 4.5-14. Glass is just as clear. I have since sold the IOR losing my a$$ on it. For the M4 platform I luv the AimPoint. But they aren't $300.00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the links I did not know that they were in stock at SWFA? I could have swore I checked yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by Dualspringfields View Post
    http://swfa.com/Weaver-15-6x24-Super...pe-P40570.aspx

http://swfa.com/Burris-1-4x24-Fullfi...pe-P48171.aspx

http://swfa.com/Nikon-1-4x20-M223-Ri...pe-P45743.aspx

Good luck brother with whatever you decide on getting. I once pulled the trigger on a real expensive scope IOR 4-14 ill. Great scope. But the scope that it replaced was IMHO was just as good just the recticle wasn't a ranging one. Nikon BuckMaster 4.5-14. Glass is just as clear. I have since sold the IOR losing my a$$ on it. For the M4 platform I luv the AimPoint. But they aren't $300.00.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well I went with the GRSC 1-4x CRS from Ed! Ed spent 45 mins on the phone with me today answering questions and telling me his struggle of getting his scopes design to market. What a great guy he is.

I not only got the Veterans discount I also was able to trade some of my once fired pistol brass to cover another $57 of the cost!

I ended up getting it for $234 shipped! I will be mounting it with the Burris P.E.P.R mount.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I was pleased with my Weaver 1-3x20mm. Its light, with clear glass. I just found the awesomeness of aimpoint....

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    The Weaver Tactical 1-5 someone posted in another thread looks interesting.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast