Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SR25 & LMT MWS comparison

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

SR25 & LMT MWS comparison

Can anyone tell me what the differences are between the SR25 lower and the LMT MWS lower...other that the named stamped on it? Is everything else the same buffer tube, spring, trigger, etc.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison or can they please?

Thanks for any info or comparisons

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Trigger, end plate, castle nut, trigger guard and the RE are different. Not sure on the individual small parts like springs and detents.

Same basic design. KAC and LMT have a working business relationship.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Belmont31R View Post
    Trigger, end plate, castle nut, trigger guard and the RE are different. Not sure on the individual small parts like springs and detents.

Same basic design. KAC and LMT have a working business relationship.
    One major felt difference is the weight. The SR25 feels extremely light, like in the low 8 lb range.

Feedback Score
    here is a pic of my LMT and a SR-25

I think the lowers are interchangable

FREE
    Last edited by freefalle7; 03-08-11 at 20:28.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by freefalle7 View Post
    here is a pic of my LMT and a SR-25

I think the lowers are interchangable

FREE
    Wow both of them...LUCKY!

Do you have any pics of just the lowers side by side? How do the triggers feel between the two?

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    I don't think the good man Freefallz actually owns both.

I initially bought the MWS thinking it would be 'near as good as' the EMC. I was pretty happy with the MWS but thought it was heavy, and thought it could use some improvements. I was getting about 1.5MOA average groups with it. I did notice the recoil was pretty stout for being such a heavy gun fully loaded with a Short-Dot, a Surefire light, ect. Id shoot 200 rounds, and walk away with a slight headache. Between shots the muzzle jumped completely off target.

One day I range buddy came, and showed off his EMC. I put some rounds through it, and immediately noticed how much less recoil it had, less muzzle jump between shots, and it felt so much lighter. I sold the MWS a within a week, and got my own EMC. Ive not regretted the decision. I also tried a BC BABC on the MWS prior to selling it, and the EMC still recoils less with less muzzle jump.

No doubt the MWS is a great gun but the EMC is that much better I felt the additional cost would be worth it in the long run. Calculating range fees, ammo, time, gas, cost of the guns, optics, ect...theres less than a 10% price difference over 10k rounds.

Now depending on your shooting you plan to do there are other options like the OBR which, from what Ive seen, outshoots the EMC accuracy wise but not by much. Im able to get .8-1.0 MOA 10 shot groups with my EMC with Federal American Eagle M1A 168 OTM's which is only ~15/box. I shoot 90% of the time from 250-750 yards and even some 1k from time to time. The EMC is capable of making those hits at least to 750 but up until this week I only had a 1-4X Short-Dot on it. The best Ive done is 10 consecutive hits at 750 on LaRue targets.

If you are looking for precision Id just get the OBR, and put the 2k savings into optics. Its VERY easy to argue the OBR at 3k is a much better value than a 5k EMC. The main thing that holds me back from the OBR is the raised top rail which makes stock choices limited without some type of cheek riser. I also appreciate the fact the EMC comes in a little bit over 8lbs whereas the MWS and OBR are a bit under 10lbs. Enough difference a bare EMC is light and handy for being a 308.

Feedback Score
    I had read reports of the mws having a stout recoil and was expecting quite a rodeo when I shot mine for the first time. However, mine is the softest shooting .308 I own even softer than my FAL. I also have a PTR 91 and M1a. It also shoots softer than the M 110's I've shot in the army. Granted it's a sample of one but it's been complete reliable and mine will hold 1 MOA all day long with 168 federal gmm with a 16" CL barrel. I am not sure if I just got lucky with mine shooting so soft or if its because it has the new style bolt carrier. The new carriers have a massive vent drilled in them and I'm wondering if that is bleeding off excess gas? The lmt is a little heavy (god help me for saying that), compared to the EMC. But if lmt came out with a light weight barrel I bet they could drop a pound off of the mws. I absolutely love mine.

Feedback Score
    This is correct,
    After buying a Barret semi 50 BMG and a LMT 308, she would kill me if I came home with a SR-25

I copied the SR-25 pic off the internet

FREE

Quote Originally Posted by titus7 View Post
    Wow both of them...LUCKY!

Do you have any pics of just the lowers side by side? How do the triggers feel between the two?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Belmont... Less than a 10% price difference between a LMT MWS and a Knights SR25 EMC? Really?

I bought my LMT MWS New for $ 2200.00 bucks...Please tell me where I can get the Knights for $ 2420.00 bucks. I will order one tomorrow.

Thanks
    Last edited by Tzoid; 03-13-11 at 18:07.
    Tzoid

Texan raised in " The Peoples Republic of Maryland"

"RRA- if they came with a blow job I wouldn't take one." - Pat Rogers

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzoid View Post
    Belmont... Less than a 10% price difference between a LMT MWS and a Knights SR25 EMC? Really?

I bought my LMT MWS New for $ 2200.00 bucks...Please tell me where I can get the Knights for $ 2420.00 bucks. I will order one tomorrow.

Thanks
    I believe his statement was "theres less than a 10% price difference over 10k rounds".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast