Thread: +1 for the NFA Branch

Feedback Score

+1 for the NFA Branch

Just a quick note to say THANK YOU to the New & Improved NFA Branch.

I submitted another round of SBR and Suppressor Forms to the NFA at Christmas (12/15/10) as part of my NFA Trust.

I received a letter from the NFA Branch in early February 2011. To make a short story longer, my wife lost the letter and I just got around to calling them today.

I spoke to a very helpful receptionist that looked into my applications via serial number and pointed me to Agent Dana Pickles, the Legal Examiner reviewing my applications and promptly transferred me to his extension (voice mail).

I left Agent Pickles a voicemail with my Application details, cellphone and Email address and within the hour I had an email, with a copy of his letter to me dated 2/8/11, indicating I sent the Certification of Trust (versus Declaration of Trust) and that my application was on hold until it he received the correct documents.

He indicated that I could snail mail, Email or fax him the documents...and so I did. I received confirmation from him within 30 mins of sending the PDF's that he received the paperwork, all appears in order and that he'll wrap things up for me TODAY!

Now if this is not the kind of spirit of service we should expect from and receive from Federal civil servants, I don't know what is. Hats off to the NFA Branch and Agent Pickles for their highly professional and service oriented approach!

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    I had a nearly identical experience with Mr. Pickles. He was professional and very helpful. The dealer handling the transfer waited several weeks before forwarding me the letter. I sent him what he needed and within the day my form was approved.

Feedback Score

all paperwork arrived as promised via USPS Friday

would have been a 45-50 day turn around (on a trust) if I hadn't have screwed up...