Thread: What's the real scoop on the .30 Remington AR

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)

What's the real scoop on the .30 Remington AR

Okay, unless I'm blind there appears to be a total information vacuum in regards to REAL hands on information on the .30 Remington AR. I'm looking at building several AR-15 rifles over the next year. I have 3 lowers shipping tomorrow and one of them will get an upper for deer hunting and maybe for elk... I know Mark LaRue wrote up a story about dropping an Elk at 400+ yards with a 6.5 Grendel so that's on my list, but so is the .30 Remington AR.

Can anyone provide any links to write ups on Remington's new cartridge that wasn't written by a gun rag in an attempt to sell Remington rifles? I'll be reloading so ammo is not really a concern.

I would really like to hear from an m4carbine.net member that's been using one. Everything I find by searching the site, even with Google is older posts without any 1st hand information in them.

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My boss started using one last deer season. The only thing he got was a tree though. Recoil is fairly mild using Remington ammo and groups were around .75" at 50 yards.

The biggest issue we found was make sure the mags you have are reliable and ID the ones that are not. I, personally, think it would make a great deer rifle but no results yet to prove it.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Hey, thanks for the response. After the info vacuum continued and I didn't get any response on m4carbine.net (which I consider to be a very response forum) I decided that was a bad sign and went with my plan for a 6.5 Grendel instead. I've got most the parts on the way. Thanks for the input though!!!