Thread: Bolt-Action Action?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Bolt-Action Action?

I've been wanting to get my feet wet in some long range shooting for a little while now. Does anyone have any recommendations of where I could get some basic instruction, wisdom and gear recommendation on shooting somewhat LR (to start at least).
    I've been lurking on snipershide for a bit and think I may know which direction I wanna go to start out . I'd like to find a deal on a 20" 700 in .308(as my only rifles are 5.56 m4 style), but before I chunk down a tax return on some glass, I'd like some real field use to know what I really need vs what I really want.
    Hell, if someone's got a couple bolt guns and access to a long range, I'd bring provisions and a gang of .308 for us to shoot, if you could share some experience with me.
    Or we could do a PNW event around this kind of shooting. I don't care, just want to learn.
    -MOok

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    a PNW LR shoot... that actually sounds appealing. and here i just posted my only LR bolt gun on NWFA, concluding i'll probably never have a use for it again...

you might give Titleist a PM. i don't know how much LR he does, but i know he does 600-1000m LR shooting at TCGC, maybe elsewhere. aside from him, out of our now 69 members, i'm sure some of our guys are into that shit.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to get in on this too.

I've got a Tikka T3 in .308 that's just sitting in a case. I just don't know anyone that shoots long range to learn from.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I just noticed that Magpul has expanded their courses to include long range precision shooting for both bolt guns and SPR/SDM rifles. Extra special bonus points: The vast majority of the training is held in Yakima.

See here...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm tempted to attend one of the amazingly-frequent Magpul LR classes in Yakima, or one of the Oregon Precision Firearms Training rifle classes this summer.