Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K Mags

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Now we are going to be called the Magpul shills

As said before all mags have a lifespan - toss 'em when they have issues.
    To me the PMag is worth the small premium.
    Even Alum mags get beat up during trg and operations - and I have yet to have a PMAG crap out on me (despite my best efforts). The fact that I ran one over and then even with a cracked spine - it still shot and functioned flawlessly really speaks volumes IMHO to their durability.

The lack of "ranger" plates is an issue I hope will soon be addressed.
    Kevin S. Boland
    Manager, Federal Sales
    FN America, LLC
    Office: 703.288.3500 x181 | Mobile: 407-451-4544 | Fax: 703.288.4505
    www.fnhusa.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Larry,

I hear its alot of spring related issues?
    Im not Larry, but yes spring issues are what I have seen. After about 6-800 rounds they no longer lock back the bolt when empty. When talking to H&K they said that they will not be offering replacement springs, as mags are an expendable item and if they go bad you should just order more mags.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The spring weakens to the point that the mags don't lock the bolt back very early in their service life. Also, if they are dropped they are prone to damage from being dropped due to their weight, and the feed lips are pretty weak and don't last much longer than the springs.

Keep in mind these mags were not designed for the AR-style rifles as someone who knows a lot more about them pointed out to me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mamma View Post
    Can someone give details about this?

Thanks.

Joe Mamma

+1

Both mags have had problems and gone through respins. PMAGS twice in 6 months. Most know what was wrong with the PMAGS, but I would like to know about the HK mags.

Feedback Score

pmags

I've got 40 of the pmags and they are great. no problems. you can get them from several places for less than 14.00 delivered priority if you want them. 44mag.com comes to mind. I have ordered several from there along with ordering several from Denny at GTS over on the ar15.com website. Why anyone would pay 40 bucks or more for the the same thing is beyond me, but to each his own I guess. RG

by the way. if you have problems with either of the 1st or 2nd gen pmags you can send them back and be traded like for like from pmag. who else would or does do that?

Feedback Score
    Yeah, I was kind of thinking that the PMags might be the ticket. They won't dent, no welds to pop, they're either broken or right. The sites mentioned don't have them for under $14. 44mag list them at $14.20, and GTS lists them at $14.15.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    Yeah, I was kind of thinking that the PMags might be the ticket. They won't dent, no welds to pop, they're either broken or right. The sites mentioned don't have them for under $14. 44mag list them at $14.20, and GTS lists them at $14.15.
    Is that too high? A quality pistol mag can not be had for that price.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Mr. Vickers,

What are the issues you are seeing with the HK416 mags?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinB View Post
    Now we are going to be called the Magpul shills
    Given the caliber of the people responding in favor of the PMAG's and their respective credentials, I wouldn't worry about being accused of anything.

I've switched to PMAG's as well. Never actually could quite reach my ankles when it came time to pay for HK mags...I guess I'm not quite that limber. GI 30's with the proper springs and followers are absolutely GTG.

Haven't heard much about the CMMG "immortal" mags yet. The braided springs and the metal followers sound great, but nothing solid in terms of real world use.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    They are less than $12/ea at Brownells if you qualify for the discount (C&R license, dealer, gunsmith, etc).

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast