Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AAR FROM VSM CLASS 3-12-2011+ PICS

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuss View Post
    ....In every class, Joe manages to find someone (usually on lanes 1& 2), who are amazing shooters. ...

Yeah I noticed that too. I think it is the plan all along to put the ringers there. At least I know I won't ever shoot on 1 or 2 in Joe's classes.

Good seeing you again Chris, at least we didn't freeze our asses off this time.
    regards

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I was hoping no one would mention what Joe called it. Because he actually called it by the wrong name.
    Ball and Dummy is what he demonstrated early on before we did this. Where he took the mag and then didn't tell the shooter if he had loaded it or not when he handed the gun back.
    I probably got confused on the name of the drills. What was the name for the drill where we balanced the casing on the front sight?

thanks,

Chris

Feedback Score
    Not much that I can add that the others haven't already stated. Joe as always leads a great class with his perfect balance of humor, support, and criticism. As in past classes Joe made it clear that he would accept no less than the best. We worked through a lot of drills and a lot of manipulations, the whole time hopefully never letting out trigger control slip.

At the end of the day when Joe took our sights away was one of the best training experiences I've ever had. Shooting for group without your sights, then backing off to 25yards and shooting steel was a very rewarding experience. And it made moving back up to shoot at that little square look that much easier.

All in all, it was a great time. I had a blast spending the day with new and old acquaintances alike. Looking forward to the next one, nothing quite like being surrounded by a great group of people learning from a great teacher.

(hopefully I can shoot a little better next time to)

-Stu
    Last edited by superr.stu; 03-14-11 at 22:37.
    "I can’t remember a mile in my life that was even mildly amusing"

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuss View Post
    I probably got confused on the name of the drills. What was the name for the drill where we balanced the casing on the front sight?

thanks,

Chris
    He called it ball and dummy. But come on. The guys knows more about firearms and training than the rest of us in that class put together. He is entitled to a mistake every once and a while.

Now if he does it again I say we heckle him.

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    I am having some issues with my image host not letting me direct link for some reason.

So here is a link to the Web Gallery with photos of the class for anyone who is interested.

http://gallery.me.com/kwelz#100024&v...or=black&sel=2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kwelz View Post
    I am having some issues with my image host not letting me direct link for some reason.

So here is a link to the Web Gallery with photos of the class for anyone who is interested.

http://gallery.me.com/kwelz#100024&v...or=black&sel=2
    Awesome job with the pics brother, thanks for sending the link.

Feedback Score
    More pics

WWW.SUPERIORFIREARMSLLC.COM
    10111 Production Court
    Louisville ky. 40299
    502-365-2244

Former VSM Regional Endorsed Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12