Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Training Group- Introduction! POST HERE FIRST!

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Kentucky Training Group- Introduction! POST HERE FIRST!

Welcome all M4C members to the Kentucky Regional Training Group (KTG)! This group is meant to gather any M4C members to train! Everyone is welcomed to join! As well, anyone from out of state is more than welcomed to join!

By joining this group, all I ask is:
    1. Observe the 4 Rules of Firearm Safety AT ALL TIMES.
    2. Have a sling or holster for you firearm and be familiar with it.
    3. Have quality firearm to which you have familiarized yourself with.
    4. Train with what you will most likely use in your situation. Be REALISTIC.

Keep in mind we will run this training group as any firearms course would. We follow the 4 Rules of Firearms Safety at ALL times. The range will always be "hot", meaning weapons will have a round in the chamber. When weapons are not in use, weapons will be on safe (if possible), all muzzles are to be pointed down, pistols in holsters.

This group will NOT be shooting on a static range. We will be utilizing 180 degrees of fire and 360 degrees of movement. This is to mimic real life situation as closely as possible

So this thread is to serve to as a base of M4C member wishing to train together in the commonwealth. All M4C members of other states are more than welcomed to join!

Before posting, please take the time to observe the rules and purpose of the group. Then please introduce yourself! Tell us a little about what you would like to train with and level of experience (carbine, shotgun, pistol) and where in KY you are from. By all means, tell as many people about this group as you like! So long they observe rules and follow the guidelines, we welcome all! The more members, the better!

I'll start off!

I'm Alvin, a college student at the University of Kentucky. Currently, I'm a intern at an accounting firm and as far I know, the youngest Concealed Carry Instructor in Kentucky. I have been to a few carbine courses over the years, so I have some time behind the gun. I do most of my training in central Kentucky. I started this thread to network with other people in Kentucky that are interested in training, discussing tactics and gear considerations, who treats their guns as tools and not as beauty queens. As you can tell, I don't care that my rifle gets beats up. I like anything unorthodox, if it works, it works.

So with out further ado, please post in this thread first and I will keep track of the members on this post!

TRAINING UPDATES

Link to the April 26th update

MAY 21st is the date!

Kentucky Training Group Members-
    1) aflin
    2) itsturtle
    3) Kyfortean
    4)Kwallace812
    5)Shreckp
    Last edited by aflin; 04-26-11 at 18:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Awesome, I've been waiting for this to show up.

I go by the name of Turtle. I live near Louisville and in the Criminal Justice program at JCC. Currently working for a security company to pay the bills until i get my degree. Been in KY for about 5.5 years, bought my first gun(XDm) last year and my second(DD) a few weeks back. No CCW yet, but I should stop being lazy and get that taken care of. Not much experience with shooting, it has just been an expensive hobby for me. Getting a bit more serious now and want to invest in training and hopefully the networking that comes with it.

Feedback Score
    Hey Alvin. Its Aaron, figured I would use the same username on both sites.

You can add me to this list as well.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Got cha down Aaron! Now we just need more people to see this thread
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Feedback Score
    Indeed. It took me a while to find it and I knew it was here.

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, I'm a 15 year Law Enforcement veteran in Central KY, currently a midnight shift patrol Sgt. I'm always interested in any additional training opportunities or any opportunity to meet up and compare notes on what works and what doesn't in real world applications. Never pass up an opportunity to learn.
    Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Welcome welcome.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I would like to join, I am a Senior at EKU studying Homeland Security, and a full time Security Guard, Just out of curiosity where would we get together. I am at a loss for good places to shoot.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Oh yeah, I like to shoot rifles, shotguns, and pistols.
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Ah, good to see there are some generating interest. On TOS (I know, but there are so many members!) I have started a training group and there are considerably more members. It would be wise to just go ahead and combine these two group for the time being.

The next tentative date is May 21st. Here is the link to the Kentucky Hometown Training group
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast