Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Training Group- Introduction! POST HERE FIRST!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I didn't realize you posted here as well. I replied on my thread in the site questions /comments.

Also, welcome Shreckp. I'm in the same boat, college student, security at night, not too familiar with shooting locations. Hopefully we can get something together and have a meeting once every couple months or so and maybe some occasional class-like settings.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I also know a few people who would be willing to come out and shoot with us, but they are not on this site
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shreckp View Post
    I also know a few people who would be willing to come out and shoot with us, but they are not on this site
    Feel free to bring them! Everyone is welcomed
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those who haven't noticed, the original post has been updated with a link to the most recent plans for a get together.

To add my opinion, I vote for the Knob Creek option. The possibility of inaccessible roads is what throws me off. Best vehicle I own would be worthless in muddy backwood trails. Knob Creek is likely on paved roads. The admission price would be less than a wrecker to pull my car out. Add to it more local shopping and eating would help.

Feedback Score
    The accessibly issue at the farm relates to the farm lane itself. The roads to get there are well maintained. It is the last 300 hundred or so yards of driving into the farm that get tricky for cars if it has been raining a lot.

It takes a lot of high water before the quick route in gets submerged ( farm can still be driven to on roads, you just jump from a 10 or so minute drive to 30 some minute drive). Unfortunately the last time we met up the backwater was over the road, though still passable to trucks and SUVs. Knob creek was flooded at the time as well.

It may be a good idea to look for a 3rd possible location not located in the Ohio River's flood plane if the weather does not start to improve. I may have a line on a farm we could use but I will have to get a hold of a friend of mine to see if he will be around at that time.

As far as the location goes I can go either way. I had been planning to head out of town for a couple days the weekend before the meet up but that fell through so I can afford to make the trip if we go with Knob Creek.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Update: There will be a low light shoot if we select the Maysville farm!
    Last edited by aflin; 04-28-11 at 16:05.
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Feedback Score
    Too bad the timing isn't a bit better, or I'd come out to join y'all. I'm in Lexington until tomorrow (job interview), and my carry gun is looking at me like I should go put it to use. I won't be back (assuming I get the job) for a couple months.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kyfortean View Post
    The accessibly issue at the farm relates to the farm lane itself. The roads to get there are well maintained. It is the last 300 hundred or so yards of driving into the farm that get tricky for cars if it has been raining a lot.

It takes a lot of high water before the quick route in gets submerged ( farm can still be driven to on roads, you just jump from a 10 or so minute drive to 30 some minute drive). Unfortunately the last time we met up the backwater was over the road, though still passable to trucks and SUVs. Knob creek was flooded at the time as well.

It may be a good idea to look for a 3rd possible location not located in the Ohio River's flood plane if the weather does not start to improve. I may have a line on a farm we could use but I will have to get a hold of a friend of mine to see if he will be around at that time.

As far as the location goes I can go either way. I had been planning to head out of town for a couple days the weekend before the meet up but that fell through so I can afford to make the trip if we go with Knob Creek.
    Okay, that doesn't sound as bad as the post on the other site made it seem. Is there a town nearby? If we all decided to take a midday break, are there decent restaurants around?

Finding a third option is a good idea as well. What kind of distances are the members on the other site from the farm? I'm near Louisville so I'm looking at a 2 hour drive.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Damn, I wish I could join on the 21st, but I have plans already
    -They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security- Benjamin Franklin

-Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I Live, I will kill you. If I Die, You are forgiven." Such is the Rule of Honor.- Lamb of God- Omerta

ابن بيت وأنا كافر

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by itsturtle View Post
    For those who haven't noticed, the original post has been updated with a link to the most recent plans for a get together.

To add my opinion, I vote for the Knob Creek option. The possibility of inaccessible roads is what throws me off. Best vehicle I own would be worthless in muddy backwood trails. Knob Creek is likely on paved roads. The admission price would be less than a wrecker to pull my car out. Add to it more local shopping and eating would help.
    Knob Creek is most likely flooded right now with all of the rain we have been receiving. Not a bad location though when everything dries out.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast