Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kentucky Training Group- Introduction! POST HERE FIRST!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Everything is flooded right now. Unless weather turns around our best option is to head away from the river.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by itsturtle View Post
    Okay, that doesn't sound as bad as the post on the other site made it seem. Is there a town nearby? If we all decided to take a midday break, are there decent restaurants around?

Finding a third option is a good idea as well. What kind of distances are the members on the other site from the farm? I'm near Louisville so I'm looking at a 2 hour drive.
    The farm is a 10 to 15 minute drive from Maysville which a has a solid selection of places to eat. There is also a BBQ place in Tollesboro that is good and is about the same drive time. I would generally recommend bringing something to eat for midday. Especially if we do the night shoot since I would imagine we would break for dinner late afternoon while we wait for it to get dark.

I think most of the guys who came last time were from around Lexington so they are looking at about the same drive either way. There are a couple guys from the Maysville area who are looking into coming and one guy from Carter county looking into coming.

If needs be I could look into putting up a couple folks the night before if the drive is longer than they would like right before shooting. I know if we end up going to knob creek I'll be driving down the night before and getting a hotel so I don't have to get up insanely early for the drive.

I also got a hold of my friend who has built a range out at his place to see if he would be in during this shoot. Unfortunately he will still be on the barge then. Hopefully in the future we can schedule a meeting when he is off.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If May 21 is the date, I believe the Vickers class is going on at KCR. Not sure how that affects space.

Feedback Score
    If things keep going the way they have been we will not have any issues with High water at the farm. The back water is still up but is barely outside the creek banks right now. It has returned to the stage were all it does is improve the fishing. We may still have to work around the lane into the farm itself being muddy. Worst comes to worst we can have people park away from the farm and transport them and their gear in with people with trucks or SUVs.

We have been lucky here this time around. Lots of rain here but not as much rain upriver. It is rain upriver that is bad to cause high water issues like we had at the last shoot. The rain here makes high water worse down stream.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Update in the link to TOS.

Yes, the vickers class does conflict. They reserved the private range much before we could. Looks like the Maysville is where we will be shooting!

Hooray Low light shooting!
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well that's a bummer. I will have to wait until closer to time to give a definite yes or no, my cars wrecked and should head to the shop soon, and my backup car isn't reliable.

If I can make it, how low of light are we talking? I don't have a weapon mounted light yet. Probably my next purchase after my ccw.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Low light as in a mounted light is mandatory. This is meant to push the shooter out of the their comfort zone. Really, every fighting/defensive carbine should have a sling, a red dot and a light.
    Kentucky Regional Training Group

Shot placement is power- Stephen A. Camp

I'm aware my avvy does not stand for Heckler and Koch

Feedback Score
    I'm having to buy I light for this one myself.

Maybe we could swap back and forth some if you need to. I usually run pistol more than carbine anyway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not too worried about a light. I have a decent light, just need to find a mount that works. I'm thinking some cheapy one should do for now. It is an off size, right between 7/8 and 1 inch. I'm not too concerned about a light because I work nights so I'm only around my toys during the day time. Eventually I do plan on investing in a quality mounted light for both rifle and pistol. A RDS is definitely not going to happen any time soon though, unless I buy a knock off or cheap used.

My biggest concern will be getting rifle ammo. I might have 150 left. Pistol I've got plenty.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Me and my girlfriend will come if I can get everything together. We also need lights for our rifles. If we don't get them then we will just leave early.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast