Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I Need A Double Rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Stay away from the Sabattis unless you want to pay JJ to reregulate it. Keep your eyes open at gun shows, auctions and the internet as killer deals come around every once and a while. Before you buy one I would shop around for "Shooting the British Double Rifle" by Graeme Wright. The best book I've found on shooting a double.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

scotty

You could try the pinnacle in these types of firearms.

http://hollandandholland.com/index.php

Who knows you might find a pre-owned for a decent price.
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This seems like a pretty nice rifle.

Blaser Duo-Hamid

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    You could try the pinnacle in these types of firearms.

http://hollandandholland.com/index.php

Who knows you might find a pre-owned for a decent price.
    I was always a Purdey man myself... There is an American maker who I have also heard good things about, B. Searcy Co. Whilst not a H&H or Purdey, he does make a fine rifle...

B
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

double rifle

I've owned a Westley-Richards working gun in .470 Nitro. I was looking for the most gun for the money without the embellishments. I had no need for gold, ivory and engraving, which drives the cost up considerably. They are tough to find that way though as W-R is a top maker but I found one on line years ago. Awesome rifle

I have shot Searcy's, Heyms, Rigbys and H&Hs from .470 to 577. I chose .470 at the time because ammo was "readily" available from Federal. They now also make .500 and both come with excellent bullets. After placement, the most important thing is penetration (one reason that the 6.5 x 55 Swede killed a metric shiteload of elephant)

My plan was for cape buffalo before marriage and family intervened. Probably stopped me from being ground into some African mud.
    The .470 will be good for your requirements. With any caliber, you defeat the very purpose of a double rifle; a quick second shot with reliable ejection, if you do not choose a rimmed cartridge.

As to only two shots, if those are insufficient your PH should be there to sort things out while you reload...at least in theory.

There are several rifles that meet your criteria/pricepoint on Gunsamerica right now. Good luck.
    "No you don't, sunshine"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12