Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We have this forum, let's use it!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

We have this forum, let's use it!

It sucks that we petitioned, voted, and were granted this forum, and nobody even uses it. I think the reason we don't get instructors to come to GA much is because we don't have decent facilities. Maybe we don't have decent facilities because we don't ask for them. I'm going to send an e-mail to Nathan Deal today regarding this issue. Why do we have some of the best gun laws in the nation, and no decent, organized facilities at which to exercise our rights? However, the state isn't going to build a nice range just so I can come shoot at it by myself. Let's speak up! Let's form a group! Let's get something going other than shooting dirt clods @ the local WMA next to Bubba with his 30/06. Shoot, I'd even pay for a membership if there was somewhere decent to shoot. Creekside is decent, but it's 2.5 hrs away. There's got to be a way to get a decent outdoor range in the North Metro area.

Post here if you agree and/or have any input.
    Anyone with land? I'm sure you could get guys to give you money for initial capital to get things rolling.

(Sorry if this seems like a rant, but it's retarted to have to drive 5 hrs for the closest training class, only to come home and have nowhere to practice what you've just learned. The apathy has got to end!)
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I agree whole heartedly with Josh/ASH556, there is something wrong living in a state with good firearm laws and lots of smart minded firearm people with no place to go shoot worth a damn. I'll be honest creekside is a good range but most the people that go there regularly are more of the arfcom variety, on top of being 2.5 hours away. I think that may be the biggest problem here is that most people are of the arfcom flavor, but on the other hand I know personally a good bit of sharp thinkers and shooters that live in the state and there has to be some on this forum as well.

It is kind of a thin line to walk as far as going and shooting with new people for both parties but I know it can be done successfully. Other regional areas/members have proven that on this very forum such as the Pacific North West guys/gals, Florida members, etc.

Even if we start out at an indoor range it would be good, maybe we could possibly rent out one of the indoor ranges a night a week or a couple nights a month and do some practice stuff like the Florida guys who also have their shit right.

Like I said I know there are good folks out there with a good mindset in Georgia even with all the arfocmer variety, and who knows maybe some of those can be saved by something like a Georgia shooting group.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you guys can find a place in North East Georgia I'd be all over it. I drive an hour and a half to Pickens County just to shoot on an outdoor range. All of the clubs in the area have waitlists that are 2 years long or are very restrictive on shots fired, targets, etc. I've looked into an outdoor range and there are two main barriers to entry.. Money for land and county commissioners. For being the gun-loving south, the amount of crap county commissioners put up about ranges is quite ridiculous.

Regarding instructors, they do come but the classes fill so fast that they hardly ever get posted. Just try to keep an ear out and jump on the opportunities as they present themselves. Keep an eye out on the South River Gun Club website for some and various other sites for others.
    "Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless." -Kenny Powers

Project Manager - Nightforce Optics

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Does anyone have experience with Elberton Gun Club? They prices are very reasonable, they have spots available, and they are the same distance for me as South River. (1.5 hrs) Not ideal as Cherokee is literally 10 Min, but a $900 initiation fee, and 90 person wait list is killing me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It drives me nuts every time I take a class and get home and have now way of practicing. Its almost not worth it. Took a class over at south river this weekend was impressed with the live action pits way better than anything around me in alpharetta. its about 1.5hrs away but I may join so every time I take a class I dont feel like a tool. I mean damn were in the south were supposed to love guns just not have any were to shoot. Arrrr
    “All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing”

Edmund Burke

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'd be in for some classes, but no one puts them on within an hour or two of me. We even have outdoor ranges.

Feedback Score

FT Benning Area?

Has anyone tried leveraging the shooting community in the FT Benning area? I'm about to report there...

Feedback Score

Question Lets get together

Guys, I put together a public spreadsheet to get the group together.

If you are interested, just add your info to it. It is public and anyone can edit. I have already added my information.

Just visit the link below to get started.

Jake

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...jOHQ0Rmc#gid=0

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I can appreciate what you're going for, but having my cell phone number published publicly doesn't seem like a great idea.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    I can appreciate what you're going for, but having my cell phone number published publicly doesn't seem like a great idea.
    Of course, please feel free to share only information that you see fit. Only enough for use to contact each other. Email should be enough. I am thinking that we will create an email group and coordinate that way, after enough folks fill out the spreadsheet.

Thanks,
    Jake

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast