Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well, I did it...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Congrats Marine!
    Live ammo! I never shot the blanks at OCS, I just gave them to my buddy Charlie so I'd have less to clean. I wonder what my wife would say if she found me washing the Quigley crap out of my rifle in the shower?

Feedback Score
    Conrats CD, nice job! We're gonna miss you on the range this year. But what you're doing now is waaaay more important.

Take care of your men and they will take care of you. Stay safe Lt.

Scott
    "The history of gun fighting fails to record a single fatality resulting from a quick noise...speed's fine, but accuracy is final." William H. Jordan 1965

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    I never shot the blanks at OCS, I just gave them to my buddy Charlie so I'd have less to clean.
    According to my Platoon Commander, 1 hour IS sufficient time to get a rifle inspection-clean after firing 100 blanks and dragging it around the field for 3 days.

Also, dust in the barrel is enough to obstruct a projectile.

Who knew I would learn so much in the Marine Corps!

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your service
    Tin-The new fashion statement.

Feedback Score

Congrats man! It was a pleasure shooting with you at GTA last year.

Hope to see you again in the future.

Stay safe!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Complication View Post
    I'm one of 179 or so new 2ndLts in the USMC. I graduated and commissioned this past Friday and TBS starts tomorrow morning. Once I get to the rifle and pistol range (which I hear will be in the first few weeks after we in-process) hopefully I'll be able to use some of what I learned with you all... although there's the right way, the wrong way, and the Marine Corps way, so who knows.

Anyhow, thanks for all you've all taught me as instructors, AIs, fellow shooters, and those that have organized the events I've attended. Hopefully I'll be able to find the time every now and again to show my face back on those OH ranges.

Semper Fi.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Congrats and thanks for your service.
    Between two groups of people who want to make inconsistent kinds of worlds, I see no remedy but force. - Oliver Wendell Holmes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EChryst View Post
    Oh Belmont, that's easy. It's called - irregardless of the branch - 'smart to dumb'

Oh, I crack myself up.
    Haha well said!
    OP congrats, have fun at TBS. My best friend from my enlisted days is finishing next month. He had a jolly old time
    Semper Fi brother

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Well its only a 9 mm.
    Well when I put two through your heart and one through your head you wont know the difference.
    Unknown Navy SEAL

Feedback Score
    Great Job brother, hope you get to use the knowledge and skills on some targets other than paper.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12