Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: just started 7.5 build

Feedback Score

just started 7.5 build

Hi guys this is my first post, hope my pic show up, trying to feel my way around.
    I just started this build, trying to acquire pieces while I wait for my form 1 to get approved. I was thinking about using a Noveske 7.5 with a Noveske Bolt and Carrier. Anyone built a 7.5 SBR using Noveske parts ? Any comments to help me on this build would be greatly appreciated. I just received my VLTOR VIS1-AK.
    Last edited by Sumsky; 03-20-11 at 11:07.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    What are your plans for its use? Only asking, but it is a limited role carbine due to seriously handicapped ballistics. Noveske is a good choice for such a short barrel though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlatoCATM View Post
    What are your plans for its use? Only asking, but it is a limited role carbine due to seriously handicapped ballistics.
    DocGKR has some good info out there on the BH load using the Barnes 50gr TSX. I've seen a report on the velocity and gel tests out of an 8" barrel and it didn't look handicapped to me. Your wallet may be handicapped after stocking up on the round, but that is a different story altogether...
    Last edited by czydj; 03-20-11 at 19:17.

Feedback Score
    What are your plans for its use? Only asking, but it is a limited role carbine due to seriously handicapped ballistics. Noveske is a good choice for such a short barrel though.
    This is going to be another fun Gun. When I get serious I turn to my 45 ACP.

Feedback Score
    How about a 8" Noveske in 300 AAC Blackout? ...and a 762 SDN-6 suppressor...
    "The world's a dangerous place – we can help." -www.portlandfirearmtraining.com
    NRA LE Handgun-Shotgun Instructor/Life Member

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czydj View Post
    DocGKR has some good info out there on the BH load using the Barnes 50gr TSX. I've seen a report on the velocity and gel tests out of an 8" barrel and it didn't look handicapped to me. Your wallet may be handicapped after stocking up on the round, but that is a different story altogether...
    Barnes 50gr TSX. Got to check out that report. Great info thanks.

Feedback Score
    Sometimes I think we get too carried away with tests and charts, ballistics. I bet if I pump a few rounds into someone at 50 yards he is going to be in a world of hurt. I remebmer a while back when everyone turned to the 9mm, then all of a sudden they all turned back to the 45 ACP. Now every where you go there are signs popping up 9mm wont save your life. I carry a SIG P220, my back up is a SIG230. My house Gun is a S12 SBS to 12 inches, and my SIG 45 ACP as back up in the House. All my other Guns are fun stuff.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by strambo View Post
    How about a 8" Noveske in 300 AAC Blackout? ...and a 762 SDN-6 suppressor...
    I was looking at the 300 AAC Blackout or even the 6.8mm SPC. Choices, Choices. I went with the 5.56, 7.5 inch Barrel since there are a lot of them out there and I think all the kinks should be ironed out by now. If I run into problems with the build I can find someone to help me figure it out.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I'll bet if I shot you 10 times with a Ruger 10/22 in the chest you would be in a world of hurt as well.

Alot those chart tests and ballistics that you speak of are based on the compilations of real world shootings.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumsky View Post
    Sometimes I think we get too carried away with tests and charts, ballistics. I bet if I pump a few rounds into someone at 50 yards he is going to be in a world of hurt. I remebmer a while back when everyone turned to the 9mm, then all of a sudden they all turned back to the 45 ACP. Now every where you go there are signs popping up 9mm wont save your life. I carry a SIG P220, my back up is a SIG230. My house Gun is a S12 SBS to 12 inches, and my SIG 45 ACP as back up in the House. All my other Guns are fun stuff.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I agree that the BH 5.56 50gr load looks like the heat for SBRs...I doubt I'll be buying any soon though given the price.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast