Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: just started 7.5 build

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Sure thing. Enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sumsky View Post
    Hey I am all for real world shootings. Just like you said shoot me 10 times in my Chest with a 10/22 and I am dead meat. As long as the son of a bitch dont have on Armor, and is not Coked up, ballistics dont mean didly to me. Even a 10/22 will put him down.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would believe the 64 gr. PS would be a decent round. I also think more interest is being developed around a short barrel round that will burn the powder better.
    A 7.5" is what it is. Short distance, under 100 yards. If the round doesn't drop them, the concussion will LOL
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumsky View Post
    So your DD 7.5 Pistol is running normal with a regular size carbine Buffer from your S&W MP 15? I plan on using all parts used on a regular AR, only difference will be the 7.5 Noveske Barrel.
    YESSIR...

It has a regular mil-spec sized buffer tube, buffer and spring. just no butt stock or even stock position notches, the buffer tube is simply wrapped in foam

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by matemike View Post
    YESSIR...

It has a regular mil-spec sized buffer tube, buffer and spring. just no butt stock or even stock position notches, the buffer tube is simply wrapped in foam
    Thats great to know thanks for sharing. I think what was happening with a lot of the earlier 7.5 builds were the Gas Ports. Either Guys were just cutting down their Barrels and not porting them with the correct size holes, and Barrel manufactures were not porting them to the correct size either. I think everyone pretty much figured out the correct set up for the 7.5 Build.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow65 View Post
    I would believe the 64 gr. PS would be a decent round. I also think more interest is being developed around a short barrel round that will burn the powder better.
    A 7.5" is what it is. Short distance, under 100 yards. If the round doesn't drop them, the concussion will LOL
    That would be fantastic if they could come out with a faster burning round, less clean time and more shooting time. What was the most rounds you have ever fired before your 7.5 started acting up?
    This will be one test I will be doing once I get my 7.5 together, and it probably depends on the Ammo type also, I know some are more dirty than others. I hear that on the concussion, LOL.
    Last edited by Sumsky; 03-22-11 at 11:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's an important part of the Ranier barrel that I really like. I don't know how they pull it off but it has a .056 gas port.
    I just knew I would have to open it up but they assured me it would run as is. And run it does.
    I've never put more than 100 rounds through it in a setting. I don't know how many rounds before it chokes. But the smaller gas port seems to keep it cleaner.
    My DPMS had to be opened to .078 to run.
    Dave

Feedback Score
    That's an important part of the Ranier barrel that I really like. I don't know how they pull it off but it has a .056 gas port.
    I just knew I would have to open it up but they assured me it would run as is. And run it does.
    I've never put more than 100 rounds through it in a setting. I don't know how many rounds before it chokes. But the smaller gas port seems to keep it cleaner.
    My DPMS had to be opened to .078 to run.
    Dave
    Dave, now I am curious about the size ports on the Noveske. Anyone here on the Forum know what size port Noveske uses on the 7.5 Barrels?
    How the heck did Ranier get their 7.5 to run on .056 opening, thats amazing, and you said you are running regular size Buffer and Carrier. I might have to go with a Ranier 7.5. I have read that the smallest you could go is a .062. Your DPMS is a 7.5 with a .078 opening, thats large. You should do a test and see how many rounds you can go without cleaning, you dont have to shoot 500 rounds in one day, just keep count each Range visit, and dont clean the Gun. I am curious.
    Last edited by Sumsky; 03-22-11 at 20:49.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I got rid of the DPMS long ago.
    I asked the same thing about the gas port. Logic told me it shouldn't work. It even runs with Wolf, go figure.
    I run a BCM FA carrier and an H2 buffer with standard carbine spring.
    No idea what Noveske port size is.
    The only thing I can figure with the Ranier is somehow the ratchet rifling and stainless barrel have an effect on it.
    Dave

Feedback Score
    I got rid of the DPMS long ago.
    I asked the same thing about the gas port. Logic told me it shouldn't work. It even runs with Wolf, go figure.
    I run a BCM FA carrier and an H2 buffer with standard carbine spring.
    No idea what Noveske port size is.
    The only thing I can figure with the Ranier is somehow the ratchet rifling and stainless barrel have an effect on it.
    Dave
    I was just on Ranier's site checking out the Barrel. You are right thats the big difference between all the other Barrels that ratchet rifeling. I just cannot think of anything else, it must create higher pressure into the ports. They also use Shilen Blanks. Dave I think you sold me on the Ranier, plus its $100 less than the Noveske.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I do use a Levang comp. I'm sure that gives a certain amount of back pressure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast