Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Flashlight

Feedback Score
    32 (97%)

EDC Flashlight

Does anybody else get the deer in headlights look when you give the response for carrying of a flashlight is because it's dark out.......
    I must study politics and war, that our sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. - John Adams

The AK guys are all about the reach around. - Garand Thumb.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I get funny looks for carrying a knife. When I produce a blade to help people more easily perform a task, I sometimes get a "Why do you have that?!" look. My girlfriend from Australia especially. IMHO people who give you a shady reception for carrying "tools" are not cut from the same cloth we are. They are not not of the same mindset. Most are, for lack of a better term, "brainwashed" by the media. Carrying of a knife, flashlight, gun etc., is not something certain people understand. These are the type of people who have too much blind faith in the system. Preparedness is nothing to sneer at.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    My little E1B is my favorite carry light. But I have to admit I get somewhat lax about it.

Interesting comment on the knife reaction above. Of all the handguns, shotguns, rifles, suppressors, MG's, etc that people I work with see me use and carry routinely (And themselves carry) the most often shocked comments I get are in regards to the Emerson UBR Commander I carry in my right pocket.

Go figure.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

I have two lights on my person majority of the time. An Innova Micro on my key chain and a SF E1L riding in a pocket. Why most sheep would be surprised to find what we carry on us, I'm just as surprised at them for not having the means to navigate in/out of a building during a power outage, inclimate weather, some unforseen calamity, etc. I've been in a Barnes & Noble during a tornado and a movie theatre when it caught on fire.

I got my better half to keep a Streamlight ProTac 2L in her purse.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

The formerly gun-loving state of Colorado.
    Feedback Score
    I used to get ribbed about carrying a flashlight all the time. I don't think that will happen quite so much anymore.

A couple weekends ago I was down in Raton, NM. Myself, my father, and several friends were eating dinner at a restaurant when the lights for several square blocks went out. It was pitch black in there. I just said, "Wow, I wish I had a flash...oh wait." Click it comes out and on and we continue eating dinner until the lights come on about five minutes later.

Those in attendance will not make fun of my flashlight again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter
    You don't change peoples minds by reinforcing stereotypes.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caeser25 View Post
    Does anybody else get the deer in headlights look when you give the response for carrying of a flashlight is because it's dark out.......
    All the time. People think I'm an idiot for having a flashlight on me in broad daylight. But when they need a flashlight to look behind a desk or when the power goes out they suddenly need a flashlight and guess who's not so such an idiot anymore. So I carry a SureFire G2Z in my pocket at all times. Or an E2E clipped to my Leatherman's pouch of I decide to carry a Leatherman.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KrampusArms View Post
    I get funny looks for carrying a knife. When I produce a blade to help people more easily perform a task, I sometimes get a "Why do you have that?!" look. My girlfriend from Australia especially. IMHO people who give you a shady reception for carrying "tools" are not cut from the same cloth we are. They are not not of the same mindset. Most are, for lack of a better term, "brainwashed" by the media. Carrying of a knife, flashlight, gun etc., is not something certain people understand. These are the type of people who have too much blind faith in the system. Preparedness is nothing to sneer at.
    A few of years ago my wife’s softball team had an end of season picnic. All of the players and their families, it was quite the gathering. I was the only one there with a knife and you should have seen how popular I was when they all needed their hot dogs packages opened.
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am never without my lights. Fortunately, you can even still fly with them. I have used them on multiple occasions during daylight hours for both safety and utility.

Worth noting though: Practice discretion and use good light discipline. Having a light at a time or place no one else does attracts attention. It may be positive attention, where those around you will seek out assistance or appreciate help. It may also be negative attention from those who may have created darkness with nefarious intent, or those in authority you may be a distraction to. Positive or negative, you will cease to be discreet and anonymous. Both are handy traits when you are trying to peaceably coexist with the unwashed, or you're trying to un-ass a place that's going south.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I carry a Surefire outdoorsman EDC, and an Emerson CQB-7.

I get more comments about the flashlight, believe it or not.

Feedback Score
    I carry a AA Arc with me on my keychain all the time for the last 10 years or so and have used it many times. Done everything from the mundane tasks of finding a stranger's keys in a dark movie theater to getting out of a dark building when the power went out.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast