Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: EDC Flashlight

Feedback Score
    Around my place I always have my SureFire E1e in my pocket.

If I go outside and night, or leave my property in the daylight, I add my SureFire A2 Aviator to my pocket.
    That way I always have at least 2 flashlights on me at all times.
    I always carry a pocket knife arlound the house, and again if I leave the property I have at least 2 pocket knives, one is always a Swiss Army knife.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Fenix PD20 clipped to a leatherman pouch. Uses a single CR123a type battery, weighs just over an oz, 3" long, but has 6 output levels including strobe, with a top output of 180 lumens. Best EDC light I've had.

http://www.lighthound.com/Fenix-PD20...or_p_3769.html

Feedback Score
    After the Stategos Intl. Low Light Instructor course, I was pretty underwhelmed with any light that required anything more then "press for on", click on being locked out or absent was also desirable. I wanted the simplest light possible.

The L4 provided that. I can tolerate the Backup with it's "low beam", but just barely.

Feedback Score
    all 2A Powered

TerraLUX® LightStar220

Quark® Tactical

Quark® Mini
    <a href=http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h261/globemaster_oly/pausepatrol_gm_2.gif target=_blank>http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2...atrol_gm_2.gif</a>

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Fenix PD20 clipped to a leatherman pouch. Uses a single CR123a type battery, weighs just over an oz, 3" long, but has 6 output levels including strobe, with a top output of 180 lumens. Best EDC light I've had.

http://www.lighthound.com/Fenix-PD20...or_p_3769.html
    +1. I have 2 of these....one on my belt at all times and the other mounted to my AR. (I never really saw why a weapon light had to be big and heavy)

Feedback Score
    I carry a 4sevens 123tac everyday and despite the fact that it is beat to hell it has never failed me.

I bought a 4sevens preon for my wife after an embarresing moment where my wife was home alone and didnt have a flashlight(there is likely $1k worth of flashlights in the house including one on the dresser) so now she has one on here keychain. I liked it so much I will be buying one for me to carry as a secondary since AAA's are plentiful and when batteries die it doesnt matter if you have a light or not.
    Last edited by threeheadeddog; 04-19-11 at 07:37. Reason: I write to quick
    You can never make anyting idiot-proof, whenever you get close they just build a better idiot.

Feedback Score
    My usual carry light was a Streamlight PT1-L, but I recently dropped it and shattered the lens when I dropped it on gravel and a sharp pebble hit in JUST the right spot. I am trying to get it fixed, but it's looking like I will have to get a new one, which sucks, because I am poor and $40 is a bit for me to spend....it's either that or gas.

Overall, the PT1-L was great. It was BRIGHT, small and handy. Like others have said, everyone laughs at you until the lights go out . Then you're the IT person for people to be close to.

Feedback Score
    Since 1997 I've carried a Rosen SOS on my support side with one spare mag, and one handheld light. The light comes in handy on a regular basis. I can't think of a good reason not to carry one. Looking under a car in broad daylight still requires a light. If you are flying and something goes wrong, having a light will be very helpful. If the power goes out in your home/office, you don't have to go look for a flashlight. It's a regular occurance for coworkers to borrow mine because they know I have it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectre'sWrath View Post
    My usual carry light was a Streamlight PT1-L, but I recently dropped it and shattered the lens when I dropped it on gravel and a sharp pebble hit in JUST the right spot. I am trying to get it fixed, but it's looking like I will have to get a new one, which sucks, because I am poor and $40 is a bit for me to spend....it's either that or gas.
    So have you contacted Streamlight yet? They usually warranty stuff pretty well forever.

The other option is here . If you can find out the diameter of the broken lens (call Streamlight...), you can order a replacement lens for cheap.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic303 View Post
    So have you contacted Streamlight yet? They usually warranty stuff pretty well forever.

The other option is here . If you can find out the diameter of the broken lens (call Streamlight...), you can order a replacement lens for cheap.
    I shot them an e-mail today (took me a while to do it). Actually, reading this topic is what got me moving on trying to get it fixed before buying a new one. And their CS is usually really good, so I hope to have something soon. I checked the warranty but I don't think my error in dropping the light would be covered under warranty. But who knows?

I will check out that site later today when I actually get home, Thanks!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast