Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rem 700 scope recommendations

Feedback Score

Rem 700 scope recommendations

A friend has a Remington 700 in 308 that he is looking for a scope for. The rifle is a fun gun, used for target shooting usually at 200 yds, occasionally out to 600. He has a budget of up to $1000 for glass. What do you recommend?

The formerly gun-loving state of Colorado.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Soxfan9 View Post
    A friend has a Remington 700 in 308 that he is looking for a scope for. The rifle is a fun gun, used for target shooting usually at 200 yds, occasionally out to 600. He has a budget of up to $1000 for glass. What do you recommend?
    What kind of target shooting is he doing? Is he shooting paper? Is he shooting silhouettes? Is he shooting practical matches? Does he see himself using the optic to range targets? If he doesn't now does he see himself doing so in the future?

Much more information needed to give a useful answer. There are plenty of good optics for $1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter
    You don't change peoples minds by reinforcing stereotypes.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydoc1 View Post
    What kind of target shooting is he doing? Is he shooting paper? Is he shooting silhouettes? Is he shooting practical matches? Does he see himself using the optic to range targets? If he doesn't now does he see himself doing so in the future?

Much more information needed to give a useful answer. There are plenty of good optics for $1000.
    Paper targets, no practical matches or any competition use. Ranging capability would be a plus. It is basically a range toy, no serious use, but he wants some quality glass.

Feedback Score
    Used Nightforce if you can find one or a Leupold 4.5-14x40 mildot LR for around $700.

jeff

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My next scope is going to be a Vortex Viper PST Rifle Scopes FFP. Not to many of them out yet to get that many reviews, but from the few reviews I have seen it seems promising.

Chad

Feedback Score
    Vortex. American vet owned, top notch CS, great quality for the money.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Used Nightforce, Leupold 4.5-14x40, and vortex. in my own opinion and experiance, vortex makes a really good scope for the price.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Pride Fowler RR-800.

I prefer a fixed 10 but you have the option of a variable.

Simple, elegant, excellent glass and construction.

Top of the line customer service.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Leupold Mark 4 & Vortex PST.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the input guys. I passed the leads on so he can research them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast