Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Rem 700 scope recommendations

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I just bought that same rifle today.

That's what I'm going to start with. I've seen several recomendations for these for guys who don't need variable power.
    There are several variable power super sniper's now.
    Greg Dykstra
    Primal Rights, Inc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I just bought that same rifle today.

That's what I'm going to start with. I've seen several recomendations for these for guys who don't need variable power.
    I've got a 3-9x42 30mm SS HD. They're great glass for the money. I also got one of the new 1-4x illuminated models and that is just as good. They just came out with a new 5-25 that is supposed to be very nice also.
    As far as the SPS T, that's the only one I shoot in bolt guns now as well. Fantastic rifle that you can do whatever you want with. Leave it alone or customize as much as you want.
    Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cool. Good to hear. I can't wait to get my base, rings, and scope.

Got the gun for $549 at cabelas. It was $599 online, so I drove over and the in store sale was even cheaper.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

burris 3x9x50

I have the same gun, black stock blued barrel. I have a burrris 3x9x50 on it. I cant even count the deer i have taken with this gun. It is deadly accurate to 300 yards, an although i have more expensive rifles, it is by far my favorite.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I debated between the Vortex Viper PST and the Weaver, but really preferred the reticle in the PST. It is the 4-16x50 FFP mil/mil and it came in to my dealer (Liberty Optics) this week. I should have it by Monday and will finally be able to get it mounted next week. I'll let you know what I think when I get it as I have never had one in my hands.

Feedback Score
    Tell him to go with nightforce or leupold, in that order.

and if he wins the lottery a schmidt and bender.

R.
    "In the end, it is not about the hardware, it's about the "software". Amateurs talk about hardware (equipment), professionals talk about software (training and mental readiness)" Lt. Col. Dave Grossman. On Combat

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Since his budget is 1k, then I would go with a Leupold. Look hard and you may find a nice M1 or M3 3.5-10 at a good price.

I like my NF's, have one M3 Leupold on a short gun, doesn't hinder me at all. Although I could afford it, the ceiling for me is a NF. I can't see the difference with the higher end scopes to justify the 1K or so difference. I guess that's what the under 1K crowd says to me

But in my opinion, there is a difference in a Leupold and a NF.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Have you ever looked through Nikon glass? IMO its up there with Leupold. You can pick them up for under 5 bills for a nice scope. Also, I wouldnt go with anything above a 12x. You dont need it and its a pain in the ass finding your target if you dont know what youre doing.

A 3x9 or 4x12 would be perfect for putting rounds in paper
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    sorry dup comment from 3 months ago
    Last edited by carbinero; 06-10-11 at 20:52.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    Definatly a used Nightforce, I went with a bushnell 3200 elite 5-15 and regret it.
    Zack

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast