Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had an epiphany. I now totally get Rob's (and others') frustration.

The formerly gun-loving state of Colorado.
    Feedback Score

I've had an epiphany. I now totally get Rob's (and others') frustration.

Today it has happened. I'm not going to link to the particular thread, name names, or point fingers but a switch has been thrown in my head.

Before I even opened the thread that did it for me I found my teeth beginning to itch. My jaws clenched. I knew without a doubt before even starting to read that the OP of that thread had just bought a bottom tier rifle, was proud of that fact, and wanted to hear some rousing support for his rifle purchase. Not only that he was going to start with how he had done his research. Had weighed his options. And still had come to the conclusion that he was better off NOT buying a top tier rifle for almost identical money.

I wasn't disappointed.

But then it got worse. He was let off the hook by the guy he was buying the rifle from who didn't hold up his end of the bargain. He had been spared.

So now, certainly, after having read the very polite responses to his initial post that he could have done better than the particular brand he chose, he goes out and spends more on exactly the same brand of rifle.

Seriously WTF?!

I get it Rob. I get it moderators. I get why all you on this site who often have seemed to me to come across as short and terse with people on this site do it. It's stress! Definition? The confusion caused when ones mind overrides the body’s natural desire to choke the living shit out of someone that desperately needs it.

I can't defend them anymore. They ask for it! Much like I asked for it in my early formative time here on M4C. There's no defending it. The info is all there in hi-res pixels in thread after thread and STILL it happens.

So here's to you Rob. Here's to you moderators, SMEs, and Industry Professionals who day after day are (I now realize) choking down all the ranting and raving that must be going on in your heads in response to this stuff.

I really get it.

I also get why you still open and respond to those threads. It's like a car accident. You don't want to slow down and look but yet you have a deep and abiding need to. It's a compulsion.

My absolute honest apologies for any bad thoughts I've had with any of you for what I considered to be mean-spirited replies to what I felt were just honest questions. Everyone has a breaking point. You guys just hit yours well before I ever joined the site 3 years ago.

Whew!
    Last edited by jaydoc1; 03-20-11 at 20:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter
    You don't change peoples minds by reinforcing stereotypes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaydoc1 View Post
    Today it has happened. I'm not going to link to the particular thread, name names, or point fingers but a switch has been thrown in my head.

Before I even opened the thread that did it for me I found my teeth beginning to itch. My jaws clenched. I knew without a doubt before even starting to read that the OP of that thread had just bought a bottom tier rifle, was proud of that fact, and wanted to hear some rousing support for his rifle purchase. Not only that he was going to start with how he had done his research. Had weighed his options. And still had come to the conclusion that he was better off NOT buying a top tier rifle for almost identical money.

I wasn't disappointed.

But then it got worse. He was let off the hook by the guy he was buying the rifle from who didn't hold up his end of the bargain. He had been spared.

So now, certainly, after having read the very polite responses to his initial post that he could have done better than the particular brand he chose, he goes out and spends more on exactly the same brand of rifle.

Seriously WTF?!

I get it Rob. I get it moderators. I get why all you on this site who often have seemed to me to come across as short and terse with people on this site do it. It's stress! Definition? The confusion caused when ones mind overrides the body’s natural desire to choke the living shit out of someone that desperately needs it.

I can't defend them anymore. They ask for it! Much like I asked for it in my early formative time here on M4C. There's no defending it. The info is all there in hi-res pixels in thread after thread and STILL it happens.

So here's to you Rob. Here's to you moderators, SMEs, and Industry Professionals who day after day are (I now realize) choking down all the ranting and raving that must be going on in your heads in response to this stuff.

I really get it.

I also get why you still open and respond to those threads. It's like a car accident. You don't want to slow down and look but yet you have a deep and abiding need to. It's a compulsion.

My absolute honest apologies for any bad thoughts I've had with any of you for what I considered to be mean-spirited replies to what I felt were just honest questions. Everyone has a breaking point. You guys just hit yours well before I ever joined the site 3 years ago.

Whew!
    Welcome to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I dont know if I should respond since I have only been here a short time but I hear you loud and clear. I dont even open those threads anymore.

I think all those threads should just be locked as soon as they're posted.

I dont understand why anyone even responds to them, I think not responding sends a clear message. Remember the saying less is more.

Feedback Score
    I feel your pain.
    there was a gentleman a couple of years ago on another forum wanting the BEST $600 AR. I recommended he invest in beenie-babies instead.
    I was attacked, imagine that...

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

lol

Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post

We have cookies.

Don't forget the...

Attachment 7817
    Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If all of those threads got locked and went unanswered I would probably be the not so proud owner of a Ruger SR556, DPMS Sportical or Bushy.

Please keep responding and keep being terse and demanding. You are saving someone. It may be 1 out of 20 but you are saving some of us!

Thanks to everyone here who answered my newb questions and talked me out of a piston gun.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Luvmy40 we know that search is all you need. 95% of my questions were answered with search and I think yours could've been answered in the same way and maybe they were.

So maybe it should just be posted to search and then closed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nowayout View Post
    Luvmy40 we know that search is all you need. 95% of my questions were answered with search and I think yours could've been answered in the same way and maybe they were.

So maybe it should just be posted to search and then closed.
    I did spend quite a while searching and found lots of answers that way. Most of them were from posts such as the one the OP is referring to. Even then I had had questions that I could not answer due to my lack of be able to articulate the questions to the search engine. Not to mention the fact that some of us(ME!) need to be hit over the head with a 2x4 a couple times to get the real info to sink in through the extra thick cranial calcium deposits.
    Last edited by luvmy40; 03-20-11 at 20:58.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I just responded to a thread on Glocktalk and then came here and saw this. The irony...

I fully expect to add GT to the list of places I'm banned. This is my sad face.
    Last edited by rob_s; 03-20-11 at 21:03.

The formerly gun-loving state of Colorado.
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietShootr View Post

We have cookies.
    I KNEW IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crow Hunter
    You don't change peoples minds by reinforcing stereotypes.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast