Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had an epiphany. I now totally get Rob's (and others') frustration.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I actually read the post the OP is talking about. I figured he would have taken the advice also when people suggested the reputable brands after the seller hadnt contacted him. i was mistaken

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You guys sure opened my eyes and saved me a couple years ago when I found this site after buying my first AR. Friday, I was telling a manager at work about my newest BCM 14.5 Middy and he proceeded to tell me about his new DPMS he just got.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    If all of those threads got locked and went unanswered I would probably be the not so proud owner of a Ruger SR556, DPMS Sportical or Bushy.

Please keep responding and keep being terse and demanding. You are saving someone. It may be 1 out of 20 but you are saving some of us!

Thanks to everyone here who answered my newb questions and talked me out of a piston gun.
    Hey, if it saves one person, right?!?!

Feedback Score
    I have almost stopped reading those kinds of threads. I even know which one the OP is referring to. I have learned so much about the AR world from this site and it's members and it amazes me how someone can come here and do five minutes of research and still go out and buy crap. Everyday I click on the AR General Discussion and it seems we have the same topic that was discussed and put to bed just a few days before.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Add me to the list. My brother in law has a bushmaster, I was going to follow along…until I read up here.

So I'll say thanks also
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I just responded to a thread on Glocktalk and then came here and saw this. The irony...

I fully expect to add GT to the list of places I'm banned. This is my sad face.
    We should compare lists sometime. I bet they're similar.
    Last edited by QuietShootr; 03-20-11 at 21:35.

Feedback Score
    I really appreciate this site since it really sorted me out on the differences between say an Oly, my issue M4...and the personal ARs I ended up buying (after research).

I really don't care what other people buy though, it's their $. I just offer the standard; "for the same $, or less than a $100 more, you could have BCM-DD etc..." and let it go at that, they are gonna do what they're gonna do.
    "The world's a dangerous place – we can help." -www.portlandfirearmtraining.com
    NRA LE Handgun-Shotgun Instructor/Life Member

Feedback Score

I've been having similar battles on another forum, no, not arfcom, but they were brought up by those on the other side of the argument...go figure. After a while you just give up.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I owe a lot to this site, especially guys like Rob, Templar, Iraq Guns, Robb Jensen, and all the industry professionals/SMEs that take the time to post. I had a Del-Ton a few years back that I always knew was sub-par but didn't know why. After spending a few evenings educating myself here and learning what to look for I've made better purchases and sold the Del-Ton for what I paid for it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy40 View Post
    If all of those threads got locked and went unanswered I would probably be the not so proud owner of a Ruger SR556, DPMS Sportical or Bushy.

Please keep responding and keep being terse and demanding. You are saving someone. It may be 1 out of 20 but you are saving some of us!

Thanks to everyone here who answered my newb questions and talked me out of a piston gun.
    +1 My RRA is being "upgraded" as we speak because of everything I have read on this site. Thank you to all.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast