Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I've had an epiphany. I now totally get Rob's (and others') frustration.

Feedback Score
    What does this have to do with AR-15s?

-.- Just sayin'.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRH View Post

-.- Just sayin'.
    Nothing.

Many here, understandably, are venting frustrations. Every time I venture over to certain other forums (ones whose names I won't mention), I'm left shaking my head. It's like walking in on a moon landing hoax club.

This thread will be locked shortly, I'm sure.
    "I have your number. Consider yourself warned."

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    So that's where the cookies went

Feedback Score
    5 (86%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I just responded to a thread on Glocktalk and then came here and saw this. The irony...

I fully expect to add GT to the list of places I'm banned. This is my sad face.
    I know that's not a board you spend much time on, but I would be surprised if you were banned for what you have said. I have spent a good bit of time their myself offering education...some take it, some don't, just like anywhere else.

Feedback Score
    I also try to be a voice of reason over at GT. I have butted heads with more than a few and a couple very upset people have asked me to leave, but I don't think I would be banned anytime soon. Truth is truth. Some see the truth and get it, others just don't like having their ignorance pointed out for all of the hive to see.
    Last edited by Surf; 03-20-11 at 23:29.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The first few times, you feel inclined to write up a long post pointing people to the right direction and elaborating on the who, what, when, where, and whys. After a few dozen of those, you begin to get jaded and you form the terse and to-the-point canned replies, if any at all. It's part of aging on a forum. After you see the same crop of questions pop up over and over, you become the bus driver that taps on the sign.

Luckily there are sufficient stickies to answer most questions that pop up and annoy folks. But like many folks, newcomers rarely read them any more than they take the time to read the terms of agreement when they sign up.

I don't really have a problem with people that buy cheap rifles if they're range toys but most folks are completely vague with their posts and questions so what generally follows are more proper questions (which should have been asked before the purchase) and more frustration when the OP doesn't know what they want, but already made a purchase.
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GotAmmo View Post
    I actually read the post the OP is talking about. I figured he would have taken the advice also when people suggested the reputable brands after the seller hadnt contacted him. i was mistaken
    i read it also.... thought after his deal fell through he would make a better choice. i was mistaken.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRH View Post

-.- Just sayin'.
    Bascially the OP is saying he's got 200 rounds on his Bushmaster and it hasn't jammed once.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Bascially the OP is saying he's got 200 rounds on his Bushmaster and it hasn't jammed once.
    And all 200 rounds were fired from a bench, during 100 range trips?

I've been dealing with this type of frustration at work. Work for a Department of around 1,100 officers. Our range staff get their info from basically one individual, who is also a personal friend.

We constantly battle over the concept of "parts are all parts".

In the private sector, if a consumer buys a low end POS and has issues, they usually want to argue to save face on the internet.

In the Law Enforcement sector, if POS guns are approved and bought on the recommendation of the Departments "experts", this involves large sums of money. IF it's found to have been a poor choice, then there's more involved than saving face on the internet. That "expert" may have his assignment at risk if it's discovered that his poor research and choice caused the agency to wast money. The concept of CYA takes on a whole new meaning.

Never mind the fact that officers are going into harm's way with substandard equipment.

Hopefully a retirement will occur in the near future, and I can replace the supervisor at our Firearms Training unit.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 03-21-11 at 12:47.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast