Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weighed some BCGs

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Well, blame JP for the mass vs weight thing...they're the ones who named their BC.
    And they are correct...

The amount of fouling on a BCG would not contribute any more than a tenth of an ounce (if that much). I've weighed my old CMT and ST NiB BCGs when they were clean and dirty (not on purpose...just happened that way). I use a standard digital kitchen scale and when weighed to tenths of an ounce, there was no difference between clean and dirty. If measured in grams, I'm sure a slight difference would have appeared. Not enough difference to have any meaningful affect for our purposes.
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Well, blame JP for the mass vs weight thing...they're the ones who named their BC.

The amount of fouling on a BCG would not contribute any more than a tenth of an ounce (if that much). I've weighed my old CMT and ST NiB BCGs when they were clean and dirty (not on purpose...just happened that way). I use a standard digital kitchen scale and when weighed to tenths of an ounce, there was no difference between clean and dirty. If measured in grams, I'm sure a slight difference would have appeared. Not enough difference to have any meaningful affect for our purposes.
    The mass thing was just humor. The meaningful effect of a couple milligrams of carbon on the OP's stated reason of "shits and grins" is up for debate in my mind -.- JP "low mass/full mass" carriers I didn't think implied they were the same "mass" as a standard AR-15 carrier, just the same as a lobotomized regular carrier (SA) compared to their other products.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRH View Post
    The mass thing was just humor. The meaningful effect of a couple milligrams of carbon on the OP's stated reason of "shits and grins" is up for debate in my mind -.- JP "low mass/full mass" carriers I didn't think implied they were the same "mass" as a standard AR-15 carrier, just the same as a lobotomized regular carrier (SA) compared to their other products.
    Agreed.

I actually asked them directly how the full mass S/A carrier would compare to standard F/A carrier and they said their 'full mass' S/A carrier was slightly heavier. They were quite clear in their statement.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 021411 View Post
    I took my rifles apart for Spring cleaning and decided to put the BCGs on my postal scale for shits and grins.

BCG supplied with my Noveske N4:
    11.5 oz

Spike's NiB BCG:
    11.5 oz

JP Full Mass carrier (S/A) with JP Enhanced Bolt:
    10.7 oz
    In the interest of "science" I just happened to be cleaning a rifle while looking at this, and just had to do it.....my (complete) semi auto CMT BCG weighs 11.1oz.
    Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12