Thread: .22 conversion kits

Feedback Score

.22 conversion kits

Ive been looking for 22 conversion kits and keep coming up with CMMG but not sure about them? Is it even worth going with?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The CMMG's are the most reliable I've used. They also have more features than any other one on the market.
    Live round extraction, cotter pin holds the firing pin, push pin holds the extractor(great for field stripping or repair) optional Bolt hold open and forward assist.
    I always recommend the stainless. It's harder, slicker, needs cleaning less often, easier to clean and little to no breakin.
    I've been testing these for 10 months. If you have any questions, feel free to IM me.

The India kit is the top of the line. It has a locking lug that locks into the chamber of the 5.56 lugs. Extremely stable.
    I shot yesterday with a 1/8 7.5" barrel and Aguila 60 gr.
    I was shooting at 3/4" stick on dots. I was able to keep the shots well inside the dot at 25 yards. Didn't try it at 50.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just sold mine. On good days it was ok for drills but had occasional failures to feed. POI was about 2-4" low at 25 and 50 yds, and groups ran about 2".

Getting ready to order a S&W 15-22 even though the best price I see is about $415 online. I expect better functionality and accuracy in a dedicated platform that I can modify if I want to. All the writeups I can find are very positive; hope they're right.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

No complaints about mine

Only have about 1000 rounds of mixed .22 thru my CMMG conversion kit. Only 3 FTF otherwise no problems, acceptable accuracy considering the actual barrel lenght. Would recommend them based on my experience

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Airride39 View Post
    Ive been looking for 22 conversion kits and keep coming up with CMMG but not sure about them? Is it even worth going with?
    Welcome to the forum. A brief scan of the first page of the forum you posted in would have revealed this CMMG thread with 180 responses so far: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=21306