Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightweight duty build (completed w/ pics)

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nice build. I have to agree with Nick, the PWS is not very frendly to people next to you. There are several options out there for comps but I am partial to the BattleComp as well. We are slowly swithing all our dept guns to them as funds permit.
    Law Enforcement Memorial
    In Valor There Is Hope - Tacitus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sorry, meant similar in build but not everything will be identical. I did read the post on the BCE BattleComp. It definitely peaked my interest for sure. I already had my upper built for some time now with the FSC556 pinned. This was way before the BattleComp was released. More than likely I'll go with the BCE setup.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the pws alot more than the BC yea it's louder but I like the control alittle more and I rather be putting the rounds and follow up rounds on the target were I want them then worrying about a little more noise, but thats whats great about building your riffle everybody has different opinon's and like's. And thats what I perfer .Great build by the way and the second is comming along nice too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddly_foo View Post
    I like the pws alot more than the BC yea it's louder but I like the control alittle more and I rather be putting the rounds and follow up rounds on the target were I want them then worrying about a little more noise, but thats whats great about building your riffle everybody has different opinon's and like's. And thats what I perfer .Great build by the way and the second is comming along nice too.
    Again, it's not simply about "a little more noise". For LE or Mil applications the muzzle blast/concussion coming from the side of the PWS and similarly designed muzzle brakes is enough to cause injury to friendly personnel if shooting off to the side of them. The concussion of the PWS or Surefire brake is brutal when shooting inside of vehicle or indoors. The BC also performs much better than either the PWS or Surefire when shooting from compromised positions such as roll-over or urban prone. The PWS and Surefire kick up a large amount of debris from these positions.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)

Its not an "opinion", and a duty gun isn't a gun you build to go plink with on the weekends where things like blast don't mean shit.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I got in touch with Pepper yesterday and my credentials have been emailed. The MIL/LE pricing on the BC 1.5 is sweet. My order will be placed.

But I have to agree what the others have already mentioned. It's loud. The past Sunday was my first time experiencing the FSC556. Although it did it's job and I'm happy with it, it was loud as shit. I let my friend shoot it at his bench next to me and he was a good 5-6 ft away. HOLY CRAP..then again I only had Surefire plugs in. I can't imagine shooting it next to fellow officer in close quarters and indoors at that. Yikes.

No worries.. I still have time. I'll probably go with build #2 as the primary and this built one as back up.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like the pws alot more than the BC yea it's louder but I like the control alittle more and I rather be putting the rounds and follow up rounds on the target were I want them then worrying about a little more noise, but thats whats great about building your riffle everybody has different opinon's.
    My experience in thousands of rounds shooting both FSC556 and BC 1.0 is that there's at least slightly better control with the BC. I switched out both of my PWS comps for BattleComps. I don't worry about the blast either, at the range, anyway, but it's nice that there's so much less of it with the BC when in the shoot house.

Last edited by Hmac; 03-24-11 at 09:25.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Project #2

The new project is moving along nicely. I placed an order for some parts today. Once the new parts are in, the upper should be ready for assembly minus the irons and red dot.

BC 1.5 Black Oxide
    Vltor A5 buffer tube/spring/buffer
    BCM gas tube
    Troy/VTAC Extreme 11" (heavily debated this and 13")
    BCM Mod4 CH

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I think you will find the Vltor A5 buffer assembly is too heavy to reliably cycle the 14.5"s Midlength gas system and lock the bolt back on an empty magazine. I have a few heard reports to support this. The A5 was designed for 20" M16's to facilitate a reliable collapsible stock system.

I have found that a "Blue" Sprinco/TacticalSprings buffer spring and standard "H" buffer works best with my 14.5" Middy.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yeah I did some reading before ordering. Some had issues, some didn't. I'm rolling the dice on this one. I'm going to experiment before staking the castle nut. All else fails, I can sell it on EE or just use it on my carbine length setup.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast