Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NRA Law Enforcement instructor certification

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I took Handgun/Shotgun in 2001. I took Tactical Shooting in 2009. They were good classes. A little geared toward the slow learners but some of us pushed each other and the instructors ran with it. A world of difference between the instruction in 2001 and 2009. I am trying to do Patrol Rifle this year to keep up my certs. Not at all high speed but you will always learn something from it.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Well class is over and I passed. It was an outstanding class! Learned some new drills that really challenge me.

We had 27 students. Ten police officers, one from the Bahamas, three Navy personnel, some private security, Brinks, Corrections Officers and County Probation Officers. The lone female was a probation officer and a real good shot. She won the handgun competition.

I scored 100% on the handgun course. Still some guys had to re-shoot it.

Failed my first attempt with the shotgun. I pulled one shot high at 25 yards and had to re-shoot. Gotta remember to use the sights! Shot a perfect score the second time.

After qualifying, we had a shotgun competition. We started with five rounds in the gun, one in the chamber and four in the magazine, safety on, and at the shoulder ready. Then we shot the five rounds as fast as we could and the last five shots were combat reloads. My time was 15.70 seconds for all ten rounds. A lot of luck and a few lessons learned from our instructors helped me win. The instructors gave me a firearms instructor pin as an award.

They took our applications for certification so, that should be coming in the next few weeks.

Only question left is what class do I want to attend next?
    "You won't rise to the ocassion, you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun Instructor
    Pa ACT235 Firearms Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    If you are sticking with the NRA classes, definitely do the tactical shooting instructor course next.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12