Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: How often to clean the barrel?

Feedback Score

Barrel cleaning

Well said John. I totally agree. Range toys don't have to be meticulously cleaned like a duty weapon needs to be. I clean mine as soon as I see any hint of copper build up. The fouling I am not worried about but particle obstruction or deposits can affect accuracy.

I don't shoot with people who are too lazy to take 10 minutes to clean out there duty rig. Who cares about range toys. As far as I'm concerned shoot them until failure but not before you damage the gun.

Happy shooting.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Burns View Post
    Well I guess we have different opinions on cleaning schedules but I do base mine on having done more than a little precision long range shooting.

If interested you could throw my name with the term long range shooting into google. You might find my opinion is based way more on shooting and is pretty lite in the theoretical.

Waiting to clean until accuracy has fallen off might be fine if your precision rifle is a range toy. If your precision rifle has a job to do then deferring maintenance means at some your rife will not be up to the task and the way you will find out is through a failure to hit something that you wanted to hit.
    You might drop Dano a line privately before thumping your chest about experience......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213