Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sept 2007 Silencer Shoot photos

Feedback Score

Sept 2007 Silencer Shoot photos

Click for larger images.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks for the photos, outstanding photography too.

And....the cute girl in the denim skirt was well worth adding...she is lovely!
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I liked the pic of the can someone posted on ST with the Coyote tan flame job finish on it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Edit for not approriate post. I appologize in advance for drunk posting.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The shooter's mag changes on the 416 were kind of unique.

AAC Demo @ the Sept. 2007 Shoot

KAC Demo @ the Sept. 2007 Shoot

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Recoil looks stout on the 50bmg with the suppressor....how does it compare to the recoil with a top level brake??

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I bet that Maggiano's dinner was yummy.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Recoil looks stout on the 50bmg with the suppressor....how does it compare to the recoil with a top level brake??
    Well it seemed like much less than a 12 gauge. Several women shot it, some as light as 90 lbs, and wanted to shoot it more. I don't know precisely how it compares to a good brake for recoil, but is much more pleasant to shoot.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    The shooter's mag changes on the 416 were kind of unique.

AAC Demo @ the Sept. 2007 Shoot

KAC Demo @ the Sept. 2007 Shoot
    i didnt get his name but i talked with him in length. i believe he started in the coast guard or the marines, but ended up in deployments with seals, and recon. he was invited to shoot all the demonstrations and was spoken highly of by trey knight, oh and he is a deadly shot btw. also i believe he was asked to wear that rig for the pictures i doubt he wanted to seeing as how he didnt do many if any mag changes. on a side note i will post some pics asap.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    The shooter in the video is a fellow named Chris Costas. A couple friends took a class he gave and were blown away. They shot somewhere around 1,000 rounds of 5.56 and a few hundred rounds of pistol, all in one day. My friend said that when he's shooting, he's all business. He apparently has given training to a number of top level alphabet groups.

I thought the mag change looked weird, but I tried it and it certainly get the mag out of the magwell with some certainty. My guess is it's to check the chamber for a jam (and not dumping a mag if the stoppage was feeding related), and the "sling gets the mag out without having to pull it out if it doesn't drop free. I'm no operator, but I'd figure operating in a dusty environment, even mags that drop free in testing migth get crud around them, preventing them from dropping free in the field.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast