Thread: might be a stupid question

Feedback Score

might be a stupid question

this might be a stupid question but i don't have to be law enforcement or do any thing special to get the colt le6920 do i? And also i asked a guy at the gun shop if they could get some a they said i would have to go thought some one else to get it,is this because they are not a dealer for colt? How much of the colt le6920 is mil-spec? the guy at the gun shop said that it is as mil-spec as any ar,is this true? is this true thanks guys

Feedback Score
    Does that dealer sell Tactical Weapons in General? Some don't...and won't because of "perceived" negative reputation issues. I was in my first "Bass Pro Shop" and although they sell Glocks, and Sigs, they don't and I was told "Won't" sell assault type weapons. I believe this because they had well over 100 SD Pistols for sale.

I can't comment on the balance of the topic only to say you might want to email Grant at www.gandrtactical.com, and see if he can set you up.

Tack

Feedback Score
    You could buy any LE model from Colt, you don't have to be in LE and anyone could buy it.

Same thing happened to me about a couple of years ago when I bought my Colt 6721 AR-15A3 Tactical Carbine from my local dealer, the salesperson told me that Colts are not very reliable and there are better brands that they sell.

I told the salesperson that that's news to me because I didn't have any problems with the many Colt models that I had for more than thirty years.

The salesperson handed me over to another sales guy that ordered my 6721, at that time they're in great demand and short supply (same thing now), I waited about six week before I got it.

Colt is the most reliable brand according to carbine instructors and they have the most Mil-spec features except for the large trigger and hammer pins (but that's no problem, plenty of available pins even from many other manufacturers), take a look at this chart of major AR brands.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642
    YMMV

AR-15 SP1 owner since 1971
    NRA and CRPA life member