Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: T1 or Reflex Dot

Feedback Score

T1 or Reflex Dot

Hows everybody doing? I was planning on putting a Leupold Deltapoint reflex on top of my scope by the objective but I have a Aimpoint T1 at the moment. I am hoping not to spend money on the Leupold red dot and mount my T1 instead. Does any body have pics of the T1 mounted above a scope please? I would like to see how it looks before I buy an ring to mount it. Will it look awkward you think? I don't have my rifle at the moment to see how it looks because its upstate and won't be back there for another 2 weeks. Heres a pic of my spr that I'm building at the moment. Thank you all for your efforts and time!

Last edited by blackbox; 03-25-11 at 18:11.
    blessed are the peacemakers...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It's going to be up real high if you mount it on top of that scope. If you can live with it being non-ambidextrous, how about mounting it at 11 or 1 o'clock?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    check out the picture thread above, couple of people have a t1 mounted up.

Feedback Score
    It's going to be up real high if you mount it on top of that scope. If you can live with it being non-ambidextrous, how about mounting it at 11 or 1 o'clock?
    you're right! i think that I will be getting some kind of offset mount for a 1 o'clock.

check out the picture thread above, couple of people have a t1 mounted up.
    I didn't see any with the scope/T1 combo, I'll take another look at the pics.

THANK YOU ALL!

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Dump that scope mount combo before you take another step. Your rings are to low leading you to needing the riser for the objective bell to clear. Look at a base such as LaRue, Bobro, or AMD.

I'm not completely sold on having the red dot on in addition to a properly managed optic, that is in the ptoper magnification range. I saw a pretty sweet set of Leupold rings designed to also mount the Delta point.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yet here I am in this whacky forum again....

Any way OP, I could give you a dozen reasons why it's better to run a secondary at 1oclock than it is to run one all jacked up in space on top of an optic, but suffice to say the offset 1oclock is the way to go 99% of the time imho.

T-1 in a LT724...

Feedback Score

i was thinking of this, anybody have experience on target aquisition with this set up with the mount being that far up towards the front of the barrel at the 1 o'clock position?
    Last edited by blackbox; 03-25-11 at 20:12.

Feedback Score
    Dump that scope mount combo before you take another step.
    The only reason that I have that riser is because of the buis, it was the only riser I have right now for the scope to clear the iron sights. I do see myself with a LaRue base in the near future. Thank you.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbox View Post
    The only reason that I have that riser is because of the buis, it was the only riser I have right now for the scope to clear the iron sights. I do see myself with a LaRue base in the near future. Thank you.
    A SWAN sleeve raiser is a better solution for that issue, but again your rings are the primary issue. They are too low so everything to follow is going to be sub optimal. Before you drop $5-600 on a red dot you need to fix your primary optic.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    but again your rings are the primary issue. They are too low so everything to follow is going to be sub optimal.
    I'm sorry but I don't understand what you're saying there. Can you please clarify that statement? I would like my build to come out right. Thank you.
    Last edited by blackbox; 04-09-11 at 18:16.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast