Thread: Compact ACOG Question

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Compact ACOG Question

In regards to the Trijicon 1.5x16 Compact Acog Rifle Scope (dot BAC), what is the size of the dot in MOA?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    some info here: http://www.trijicon.com/pdfs/acog.pdf

But IMHO the Triangle is a beter choice.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    some info here: http://www.trijicon.com/pdfs/acog.pdf

But IMHO the Triangle is a beter choice.
    I agree with Wes. The Triangle allows you to zero at 50 yds. and then at 200, just put the top of the triangle on the center of the target, and you'll be pretty close to dead on. I had one, and that is how it worked for me.

Tack

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Thanks! I had the TR47A model (2x20) with the red chevron and liked it for the most part. Since my eyes were never good and have only gotten worse with age, the lack of an eyepiece (diopter) adjustment was a small issue. With my Canon D-SLR cameras, I have to crank the eyepiece adjustment quite a ways to clear up the view.

Feedback Score

lack of an eyepiece

Quote Originally Posted by Canonshooter View Post
    Thanks! I had the TR47A model (2x20) with the red chevron and liked it for the most part. Since my eyes were never good and have only gotten worse with age, the lack of an eyepiece (diopter) adjustment was a small issue. With my Canon D-SLR cameras, I have to crank the eyepiece adjustment quite a ways to clear up the view.

I have eyesight problems - I attached a eyeglass case to my weapons strap that hold a pair of prescription shooting glasses. If i ever have to grab the gun the glasses are right there. Up close and personal - i dont need them but they help when shooting past 40 or 50 yards.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I actually sent an email to Trijicon once asking about the MOA measurements of the triangle in my Compact ACOG, and the guy that responded said he didn't know and didn't know how to find out or who to ask.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Ah-ha! In the October 2007 issue of SWAT magazine, on pages 52-53 there is a Trijicon ad for the Compact ACOG series, with an illustration of the various Compact reticles and their dimensions.

For the 24mm Compacts, the Dot is...6 MOA.

For the other two objective size models, the dot is slightly bigger. How much? Buy the magazine; one is 6.1 MOA and the other is 6.9, but I did not memorize which was which.

The dimensions for both the Triangle and Crosshair reticles is also illustrated, but again, I did not memorize them...Math is hard!

This is the first time I have seen the MOA dimensions for the Compacts; the info is not even on the Trijicon website. Maybe they are ramping up the efforts to sell Compacts...Bravo! for the effort, but how about lowering the prices a teensy tiny bit, eh?

Here are a couple pics to show why the Compact is a good idea:

TA-31F (4X) and TA-50 (3X) comparison:

Besides being much smaller, the Compacts also weigh only half as much as the fullsize.
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    I agree with you Wes!

The compact IMHO is much more user friendly on size and weight for CQB. And the really nice feature is that it does aid in those 200+ yd. shots...a little.

I had one and loved it, but sold it a tear ago as my applications can be handled with a Red Dot.

Tack

Feedback Score
    I have had a 1.5X 24 Compact (amber triangle) on the carry handle of my M4gery for a year and 1500 rounds, and couldn't be happier. Don't think I would feel the same way about the larger unit.

Frankly I think the compact is a superior unit for what the carbine is intended for anyway.