Thread: Aimpoint ML#...Informed Opinions?

Feedback Score

Aimpoint ML#...Informed Opinions?

I have one coming from Grant in the LaRue "High" Standard QD Mount, and was wondering what type of experiences you have had with this specific optic? Just looking for any inputs that will get me up to speed quicker, and any "Gotcha's" that I wouldn't want to learn about in a "for real" situation.

Thanks!

Tack

Feedback Score
    Tack,

These things are pretty straightforward, simple and proven. Just follow the Larue mounting directions, zero the Aimpoint, and put the red dot on the target.

My only advice would be to zero it on a round target that is slightly larger than the aimpoint's dot at a given range (circle on circle is easy for human eyes to do). When doing this, use the dot on the lowest power setting where you can still see the dot to avoid the red dot from blooming.

Feedback Score
    The M68 CCO is soldier proof.

Therefore, there are no suprises. I have an ML2 4moa and I love it. It's a great optic. It's good to go!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    I have one coming from Grant in the LaRue "High" Standard QD Mount, and was wondering what type of experiences you have had with this specific optic? Just looking for any inputs that will get me up to speed quicker, and any "Gotcha's" that I wouldn't want to learn about in a "for real" situation.

Thanks!

Tack
    Todd,
    The quickest way to zero an Aimpoint is to Co-Witness. If your iron sights are zero'd then place the Aimpoint on your carbine. While looking through your BUIS adjust the elevation and windage of the red dot until it sits on top of your front sight. This will get you within a few inches of a solid zero at 50 yards. Then either fold down or ignore your iron sights and just shoot the dot to refine the zero.

The ML2 or 3 is an LE version of the military M series. The only difference is that they are not Night Vision compatible (actually you could use them with NVGs, but not as well as the M series). Otherwise they are just as rugged and submersible ie. 80ft for ML2 and 150ft for ML3. Battery life is the same as well.

S/F

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FJB View Post
    Todd,
    The quickest way to zero an Aimpoint is to Co-Witness. If your iron sights are zero'd then place the Aimpoint on your carbine. While looking through your BUIS adjust the elevation and windage of the red dot until it sits on top of your front sight. This will get you within a few inches of a solid zero at 50 yards. Then either fold down or ignore your iron sights and just shoot the dot to refine the zero.

The ML2 or 3 is an LE version of the military M series. The only difference is that they are not Night Vision compatible (actually you could use them with NVGs, but not as well as the M series). Otherwise they are just as rugged and submersible ie. 80ft for ML2 and 150ft for ML3. Battery life is the same as well.

S/F
    FJB...Thanks so much for the input. My topic line has a typo. I actually purchased the M3. It's a great optic. Very rugged. Thanks for the tip on Zeroing.

Tack