Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Review: IWC QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT as installed into a MOE

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    If you run MOE HG's and you grip the fore end with your thumb on top (Magpul Dynamics style), you just can't beat IWC's handstop for the MOE.

I've been using it for months now and I'll never go back.
    I was thinking of doing this myself. Do you mount the handstop at the 6 o'clock position?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eo500 View Post
    Great review! Magpul should have thought of this... or they did and are waiting for a the v2 to include a swivel.
    Magpul released v2, or as they call it, Gen 2, when they launched the Mid-Length MOE. And they chose not to include slots or holes in the rear area. Now, Gen 2 in all three lengths are out and there is no built in QD or slot. So we saw a "Hole" in the design and filled it with our QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score
    Has this product been released yet? I didn't see it in the online store...I'd LOVE to give one of these a go. Using the 'standard' MOE QD cup but a low pro option would be so much better. Been really digging my other M-N-S stuff!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quiet-Matt View Post
    Ken,
    Would a carbine MOE leave enough room to mount one of these in a similar fashion?
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I believe so, but I don't have any carbine length MOEs around the house to be sure.
    That's an important question for me....on the carbine-length MOE, there's only about 0.820 inch of room to mount it with the ears horizontally and about 0.870 to mount it with ears oriented vertically.

What's the overall length of the device?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    That's an important question for me....on the carbine-length MOE, there's only about 0.820 inch of room to mount it with the ears horizontally and about 0.870 to mount it with ears oriented vertically.

What's the overall length of the device?
    Hmac... Where are you measuring from?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MOUNT-N-SLOT View Post
    Hmac... Where are you measuring from?
    This is how I see it relative to my mounting hopes. It if doesn't work, I'll just keep the regular Mount N' Slot I've been using on this particular rifle. It' works fine as is, but I wouldn't mind a little lower profile for the QD socket.

Last edited by Hmac; 04-02-11 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    Hmac,
    I'll post a few pics of the install on my personal Carbine MOE this week. Thanks for posting your pics!
    MOUNT-N-SLOT

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    how did you verify how far back you could mount it and not get into clearance issues with the barrel or barrel nut?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    how did you verify how far back you could mount it and not get into clearance issues with the barrel or barrel nut?
    Rob, maybe this quick snap taken with the bottom of the MOE will help:

I kept it forward of the "dished" area on the inside of the MOE, it came out fine.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    We modeled in SolidWorks each length of MOE hand guard and determined placement areas. That's why the QD MICRO MOUNT-N-SLOT works on a MOE.

We're professionals.

MOUNT-N-SLOT

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast