Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Overweight and gotta fix it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chadbag View Post
    generally true, but it is not that simple. Your body does things differently with the intake depending on the condition it is in (i.e., the glycemic business, eating before you go to bed, etc. may induce your body to tend toward fat storage. Since you need the calories if you are taking in fewer than you use, they probably eventually get used but your body does react to calories different depending on conditions. People who eat the same amount of calories, but eat a different schedule, or glycemically different foods, for example, have drastically different results)
    That could all be true, but I doubt the effect is drastic. Assuming the exact same number of calories eaten, what do you think meal timing and glycemic index could realistically gain me?

For me I can eat six times a day, stop at 8 pm, eat the most important meal (breakfast), etc. If I consume 1800 calories a day for a week I lose a pound. I'm also miserable, and counting the days till the "diet" is over.

I can also skip breakfast, ignore glycemic index, eat some popcorn and ice cream before bed, etc. If I consume 1800 calories a day for a week I lose one pound. I eat when I'm hungry and don't feel like there needs to be and end date. It's just eating what I like, when I want, with an easy to meet calorie ceiling.

Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    What is the story on diet drinks and how they are bad for you?
    Pat
    Essentially, your brain thinks that it is taking in all of these extra calories as sugar, but your body knows that what it thought was going to be there, isn't there anymore. So to compensate for the lack of calories, you consume more calories in the form of food to regain the "lost" calories from drinking a zero calorie drink. You are better off drinking a liter of water instead of a diet drink. Better for you and it is much cheaper coming from the faucet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Marines love CLP. Chow, libo, pussy.

Beyond that everything else is a crap shoot.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nimdabew View Post
    Essentially, your brain thinks that it is taking in all of these extra calories as sugar, but your body knows that what it thought was going to be there, isn't there anymore. So to compensate for the lack of calories, you consume more calories in the form of food to regain the "lost" calories from drinking a zero calorie drink. You are better off drinking a liter of water instead of a diet drink. Better for you and it is much cheaper coming from the faucet.
    I have been drinking 0 calorie sports drinks at least 2 or three a day now and I have lost 72 pounds so far. Granted I am running 6 days a week and I cut my calories back to under 2000. I will try to drink more water.
    Pat
    Last edited by Alaskapopo; 11-18-11 at 00:34.
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm not saying they are healthy. I'm sure you would be better of drinking water. I drink lots of water and tea throughout the day. Also several cans of diet soda.

What I see missing in all of these studies is how your body replaces/consumes the replacement calories. My body can't do anything I don't tell it to, including getting itself a sugar snack.

If you are saying it can cause a craving, I believe it.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789