Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best Luger for collecting but also shooting

Feedback Score
    Thanks, Jon - I'm going to look that fellow up. I'm also going to join the forum to which you linked - looks quite interesting.

You hit it when you mentioned how unwieldy the issue holster is. I've seen pics of Lugers with a thin strip of leather tied in the lanyard loop - like an early-day magpul and holsters with the flap cut off. German fieldgear pegged the needle on the cool factor, but sucked as far as usefulness was concerned. Lugers also fit perfectly in the large bottom tunic pockets.

Thank you for the mag advice too. I've messed around with just the type you're talking about, but I never paid any attention to the differences. Now, when I shop for more, I'll know what to look for
    Last edited by The Cat; 03-29-11 at 15:28.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A discussion involving the gayest lubrication, pinkies, Popsicles, hammering balls and dripping guns, all in the same thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    I like living a life in which beer is an appetizer, the floor is just another shelf, and the world is my urinal.

Feedback Score
    Apologizes to OP.
    Last edited by SiGfever; 03-30-11 at 21:10. Reason: Should have started my own thread. Sorry!
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    I have a 1913 DWM P. 08 that is a fine shooter. But Lugers were designed for stiff loads. They like them so if your hold open is not working most likely it is under powered.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    I still haven’t gotten one!
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    My 1922 Swiss Luger (technically a Waffenfabrik Bern Parabellum 06/24) is one of the most accurate gun I own.

Obviously they are a lot easier to find here in Switzerland than in the US, and probably cheaper too. I paid $ 1000.- for it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12