Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FNH Tactical Police

Feedback Score

FNH Tactical Police

Can someone please give me their opinions on the FN Tactical Police Shotgun (TPS) with Collapsible Stock? Thank you very much!

here is the link:

http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firea...02&mid=FNM0007

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can be very confident with any FN product and this shotgun is no different. Well made, simple and functional.

The designs intent was to appeal to L.E. (possibly some .mil though I've never seen any in actual use) in that the shotgun uses AR style stock, pistol grip and front site. It was intended to shorten the functional training time by using AR features that most are already very familiar with and comfortable using.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the reply... I saw one at my local gun shop for $700. Seems like an ok price. Should I go for it??? Thanks.

oh, by the way.. this will be my very first shotgun. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As far as the price, Impact Guns sells them for about $30 less and they aren't exactly the cheapesat place in town either.

That being said, you're not getting hosed at $700, especially if it's the model with the removable chokes.

Very solid shotgun that will give you years of service. Personally, I like it. I shoot AR's a lot and though I don't really require a shotgun to mirror the AR platform, it certainly does no harm either.

FN is on the short list of excellent firearms makers. Buy it with confidence if that's what you choose.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score

Question

Has anyone actually fired one of these shotguns? The similarity to the AR-15 platform puts this weapon on my "someday" list, and I was wondering if it shoots as good as it looks.

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 5POINT56 View Post

FN is on the short list of excellent firearms makers. Buy it with confidence if that's what you choose.
    What other shotguns would be on a short list of good shotguns to buy?

Feedback Score
    The Remington 870 Police Magnum, Express Magnum. There are also a lot of good used 870 Police Magnums and Wingmasters on the market. The Mossberg 590 is also a good shotgun and my second choice. They are all dead nuts reliable and get smoother with use.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFighter View Post
    What other shotguns would be on a short list of good shotguns to buy?
    Remington & Benelli.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    I've got a 590, and it is a great shotgun. I especially like the safety on the back of the receiver and the way the bottom of the receiver is open (so Remington double-feeds are non-existent).

Nonetheless, that FN Tactical looks like it is a step up (although you could purchase two 590s for the price of one FN Tactical).

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I like this one:
    http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firea...02&mid=FNM0019 Which is essentially the same thing as the Winchester SX2.

Or the Benelli M2 Tactical w/ComforTech and ghost ring sights. Dave's Metal Works and a few others make mag extensions for them.
    http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/l...thetic12Ga.jpg

Here's the SRM Benelli mag extensions:
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...+EXTENSION+KIT
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast