Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FNH Tactical Police

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I think you'd be better off with a Remington 870 Police, honestly.

The FN's are over priced Winchester 1300's, and you can't actually use the iron sights effectively with the factory set up.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfus View Post
    Can someone please give me their opinions on the FN Tactical Police Shotgun (TPS) with Collapsible Stock? Thank you very much!

here is the link:

http://www.fnhusa.com/products/firea...02&mid=FNM0007
    It is effectively a Winchester 1300 with a collapsible stock and side saddle. I have a 1300 I paid $275 NIB: w/ truglo front sight, pistol & full stock incl. - and they are identical. I would rank the design as very reliable, no better (worse) than others, I have no issues with the sighting system and my is now relegated to trunk duty as a cheap street sweeper, just in case I need it.

Personaly, I like the Rem 870 and Mossberg 5xx more, but the price was right - you'd pay $100+ more for the Rem/Moss equivs.

I do not believe that the AR stock and $20 side saddle, justify the extra $350 mark-up...if you want to spend that kind of cash, there are many thers that deserve it.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The factory sights are definitely unusable as-is - the sightline is way too low. I removed the front sight on mine and just use the rear as an emergency ghost ring. I may eventually just have the rear sight milled off. The red dot is an Aimpoint knockoff, which so far has not had any problems (70+ rounds of 00 buckshot, 100+ rounds of birdshot), but typically you get what you pay for.

Other than the fixed sights, the shotgun is quite good. It is very reliable, the action is smooth and fast, and recoil is not bad at all. I like the straightline stock setup and the pistol grip.

I paid around $500 for mine a couple of years back. For $700, I'd get a 1300 and a Mesa Tactical AR stock adapter if you want the look of the TPS.

Anyway, FWIW here's mine:

Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12