Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: "titanium" plate fraud

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    i know this thread is old but, i am resurrecting it to thank all of you. i found it while researching just before i was about to place an order at DSGarms for a a pair of international armor corp. "titanium" levelIII plates thinking i would be somewhat protected from all basic assault/battle riffle calibers. i liked the idea of having a thin riffle plate that only weighed about 7 lbs. that i didn't have to worry about dropping. really, THANK YOU EVERYONE. if it wasn't for this forum and the people in it i would have made a potentially fatal decision.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Ken, the plates you speak of are the same combo of steel and Ti mentioned above. For 7 lbs of weight, a reputable plate like the AMI hybrid or even their plain steel would be much better and about the same weight. No drop worries on those either. Glad to hear you got the straight dope!
    Last edited by D-R; 04-10-12 at 11:30. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    Anyone looked on International Armor product specs? They are claiming that their level 4 ceramic hard armor plates stop RUAG Swiss Munitions tungsten carbide cored ap rounds...
    http://www.internationalbodyarmor.co...eramic_plates/
    If it is true thats extremely IMPRESSIVE, but i think it is just marketing BS. Just like the "titanium" armor plates. A stand alone plate that stops this round and weights just 3 kg? I find it hard to belive. Need to see independent tests.

PS. there are titanium alloys that where developed for use as armor plating. They are called Grade 38. Said to be the strongest titanium alloys. But true armor steel (not some crappy abrasive resistant 500) will allways be a better armor material.

Feedback Score

Potential, near future, plate buyer

Thanks for the warning!

Feedback Score
    Please feel free to email me for any testing that you would like. Also, I know this is not a threat level III plate but someone bought our plate and decided to test it just like you! He called us and told us that he tested our plates (without us knowing). Fortunately, he actually documented (on video) his test. The AK-47 plate is a lower threat level than the level III and we have not changed how we manufacture nor the matierals in our plates since we first started making them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7Xk37X82I

Also, as for the threat level IV stand alone ceramic plate, its actually 6.6 lbs and if you would like the testing on it go ahead and send me an email.

Love finding baseless accusations. Have a great day!

Ron Ryan
    International Armor Corp.
    sales@internationalarmor.net

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Adri View Post
    Anyone looked on International Armor product specs? They are claiming that their level 4 ceramic hard armor plates stop RUAG Swiss Munitions tungsten carbide cored ap rounds...
    http://www.internationalbodyarmor.co...eramic_plates/
    If it is true thats extremely IMPRESSIVE, but i think it is just marketing BS. Just like the "titanium" armor plates. A stand alone plate that stops this round and weights just 3 kg? I find it hard to belive. Need to see independent tests.

PS. there are titanium alloys that where developed for use as armor plating. They are called Grade 38. Said to be the strongest titanium alloys. But true armor steel (not some crappy abrasive resistant 500) will allways be a better armor material.
    I seem to not have an email from you, strange it must have gotten lost? I'm sure you would of emailed us and asked us for test results if you were that concerned that we are selling fraudulent plates and it didn't meet specifications stated on our website.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by InternationalArmor; 10-31-14 at 15:43.

California (a giant failed social experiment)
    Feedback Score
    Wow, didn't think this thread would ever generate anything again. Not sure if you were addressing me in your post, or the more recent posts. My original post that started this thread clearly outlined my contacts with both the manufacturer and retailer. Also, I had full documentation at the time including a certified test result from KST's ballistics test facility where there were designing cockpit doors for airliners. Anyhooo....I will admit I don't have it anymore, and I never "documented" it on Youtube. I consider that less that definitive, although it can be informative and entertaining. I very rarely log on here and don't post anymore.. I just come on and read. However, it would never occur to me to log onto a thread three years after the fact and call somebody else's information "baseless accusations". As for e-mailing and asking for "test results", I was never made aware at the time those were available. I would not have believed them anyway, as I had conflicting proof in front of my eyes. Anyone who would be deceitful about the construction and labeling of their product would not hesitate to fake their own test results. I am underwhelmed to say the least. You can continue to say what you want now, as I will not post on this thread again. I've said all I have to say. You have a great day too!
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345