Thread: Any experience with or comments on Combat Focus Shooting?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Any experience with or comments on Combat Focus Shooting?

Anyone out there ever attend any classes for Combat Focus Shooting (pistol or carbine) with Rob Pincus and I.C.E.? Any thoughts or opinions, positive or negative, on the training class, instruction, or material? I haven't seen Pincus or CFS mentioned or any notifications for the classes on this forum.
    www.king33training.com

Si vis pacem, para bellum

2/1 SFG(A)
    ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM / DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Mr. Pincus is a member here - why not ask him?

https://www.m4carbine.net/member.php?u=6589

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What kind of advice do you think Mr. Pincus would give on his own class?

Since he is a member I would suggest people who have attended his classes contact the OP via email or PM, if they have reservations about his training.

Otherwise I would expect all follow-up posts to be of a pretty positive nature. On the other hand, there are probably bold members who are more than willing to state their negatives openly.

Mr. Pincus can certainly advise him on what topics he covers.
    Last edited by darr3239; 03-31-11 at 00:28.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I wasn't sure if Rob was on this forum or not, since I've never seen his posts. I'm relatively new to the forum, but have been lurking for almost 2 years or so. I tried a search for his name and didn't get much. My 'smart phone' wouldn't allow a search for Combat Focus Shooting for some reason, likely user error since I'm fairly new to the I-Phone.

I actually own several of his Personal Firearms Defense videos from back in his days with the Valhalla Training Center and from he first branched off and started I.C.E. Because I'm very impressed with his instruction and material on those videos, I've registered for one of his classes in Combat Focus Shooting and Advanced Pistol Handling this July in MA.

The reason for my posted question was that I really like his stuff and, having not seen anything regarding his name or company when I searched, I was just wondering why that was so.

Andy
    www.king33training.com

2/1 SFG(A)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Mr. Pincus is a member here - why not ask him?

https://www.m4carbine.net/member.php?u=6589
    Guess I'm a dope...never thought to check the forum member list...too easy.
    www.king33training.com

2/1 SFG(A)

Feedback Score
    Yeah... I'm probably not the most unbiased person to ask... :-)

Love to see you at a course and hear your feedback afterwards! If you google Pincus and "AAR", you should find a fair amount of actual student feedback. I will also be "in your area" on Sunday teaching at the Northeast Shooters Training Conference in Pelham, NH. There will be plenty of guys there who have trained with me before as well as some World Class instructors teaching both Sat & Sun. I've got two fully booked Courses in MA in July, but I may be adding a one day on the 14th in New England.

Meanwhile, here is an AAR that is on the M4c forum:

https://www.m4carbine.net/archive/in...p/t-45844.html

Here is an AAR from a course that was held last week in this thread:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=579064

There are Course Review articles in the Current Issues of Concealed Carry Magazine and Black Belt Magazine.

There are some debrief videos on Youtube at my Channel with student feedback AND, if you're on Facebook, you can see a Discussion Thread at the I.C.E. Training Group Page as well as the Combat Focus Shooting page with student thoughts.

Lastly, perhaps less objectively, if you go to http://www.combatfocusshooting.com, most of our Active Instructors have written essays on Why they chose to teach CFS in their profiles under the "Instructors" link in the nav bar. Those guys have some very diverse backgrounds, from NSW to SWAT to Dog Groomer and their thoughts are varied and interesting.

Thanks Much for your interest.

-RJP
    Last edited by Rob Pincus; 03-31-11 at 10:29.

Feedback Score
    I took Rob's class this past January. Definitely worth every penny! I also had his DVD's previously so I was a little ahead of the curve and had already incorporated some of his tactics in my shooting. When you take his class it will make a lot more sense and he'll go deeper into the why and how.

His philosophy is to shoot in way to what your body does naturally/how you react to an incident. He's done a lot of research and goes into the science/research on the human body and mindset on why and how. The goal is to be combat accurate with speed and efficiency. Speed being the latter cuz if you miss shooting too fast you are not combat accurate or efficient and does no good.

I liked the class so much I'm signing up for Rob's Advanced Pistol Handling class later this year.

His latest book is also a good read.

Now to save up all this money for the classe and ammo! :-)