Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL CCW seems to be gaining traction in the MSM... !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

IL CCW seems to be gaining traction in the MSM... !

And when I finally reconciled myself to the fact that IL would probably never have CCW in my lifetime!

I'm seeing much more favorable coverage in the press this time. Now that the Chiefs are on-board...

Could this be the year?
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Best of luck guys.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score
    I lived in the Chicago area for 20 years. I never thought they'd overturn the gunlaws there, but I'm glad they did.

I hope you guys get a CCW shall issue law there. I might move back then someday.
    "You won't rise to the ocassion, you'll default to your level of training." Barrett Tillman

NRA LE Handgun/Shotgun Instructor
    Pa ACT235 Firearms Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just when you think things are moving the right way you still get comments like these...

Daley warns of guns at 'your neighborhood festival' if conceal carry measure passes state

When is this guy's last day of work? Not that Rahm will be any better but does Daley seriously think there are no guns at the Taste of Chicago? His draconian laws have worked so well in curbing crime thus far.

I do, however, enjoy reading his quotes when the papers publish his ramblings verbatim. You can read them over and over and they make no sense at all.
    Last edited by Czecher; 04-06-11 at 14:37.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CC4me View Post
    I lived in the Chicago area for 20 years. I never thought they'd overturn the gunlaws there, but I'm glad they did.

I hope you guys get a CCW shall issue law there. I might move back then someday.
    if it happens... i'll join you... just not to Chicago though

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    5 votes short. Someone got promised presents from Quinn, Emmanuel, and Daley.
    Last edited by ryr8828; 05-05-11 at 16:39.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The sportsman's paradise that is Illinois will not always be under the thumb of corrupt, big-city dealmakers. You guys are winning, bit by bit, don't give up. I've met hundreds and hundreds of upstate cops in the last ten years, and have yet to hear one declare any love and respect for the machine; plenty have voiced their disgust on the other hand. Nor have I heard one come out against private ownership of guns, while I have heard a great many say they favor it. Some of them have the guts to go high-profile on the subject..... you are not without friends in your struggle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Ned - lots of folks throughout Illinois are still working on this - it is frustrating but it can be won - just have to keep at it -

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    A couple of other anti-gun bills got squashed. http://www.wgil.com/localnews.php?xn...011&newsid=215

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast