Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IL CCW seems to be gaining traction in the MSM... !

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by superr.stu View Post
    Heard that the bill made it out of committee, and the house may vote on it as early as today. Quinn is promising to veto if it makes it to his desk.

In similar news, around Champaign I've been hearing a lot more people in favor of concealed carry after a shootout at the mall last week.
    With the 71 votes it needs due to the home rule issue Quinn's veto is meaningless.
    Ken in Texas

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Hope it works out down there!
    WI is looking like it might get a passable CCW law as well.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CC4me View Post
    I lived in the Chicago area for 20 years. I never thought they'd overturn the gunlaws there, but I'm glad they did.

I hope you guys get a CCW shall issue law there. I might move back then someday.
    if it happens... i'll join you... just not to Chicago though

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    5 votes short. Someone got promised presents from Quinn, Emmanuel, and Daley.
    Last edited by ryr8828; 05-05-11 at 16:39.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The sportsman's paradise that is Illinois will not always be under the thumb of corrupt, big-city dealmakers. You guys are winning, bit by bit, don't give up. I've met hundreds and hundreds of upstate cops in the last ten years, and have yet to hear one declare any love and respect for the machine; plenty have voiced their disgust on the other hand. Nor have I heard one come out against private ownership of guns, while I have heard a great many say they favor it. Some of them have the guts to go high-profile on the subject..... you are not without friends in your struggle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Ned - lots of folks throughout Illinois are still working on this - it is frustrating but it can be won - just have to keep at it -

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    It would be really nice if IL got CCW and recognized Florida's permit as well. Chicago is somewhere near the top of where I would expect to need a gun.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodtimes View Post
    It would be really nice if IL got CCW and recognized Florida's permit as well. Chicago is somewhere near the top of where I would expect to need a gun.
    Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anywhere in the bill's text where it included any reciprocity with other states. It did include the ability for an out-of-state resident to get an Illinois license, but that's it.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Czecher View Post
    Just when you think things are moving the right way you still get comments like these...

Daley warns of guns at 'your neighborhood festival' if conceal carry measure passes state

When is this guy's last day of work? Not that Rahm will be any better but does Daley seriously think there are no guns at the Taste of Chicago? His draconian laws have worked so well in curbing crime thus far.

I do, however, enjoy reading his quotes when the papers publish his ramblings verbatim. You can read them over and over and they make no sense at all.
    I couldn't get past the first paragraph...

Outgoing Mayor Richard Daley warned today of a city in which parks, college campuses, malls and other public places could be crowded with gun toting citizens if the General Assembly passes a bill allowing Illinois residents to carry concealed weapons.
    As opposed to the droves of gun toting criminals who wander the streets of Chicago on a daily basis? ****ing moron.

By the way, I know this thread is a couple of months old, but I obviously missed it when it was first posted. Do we have any new information regarding the CCW issue in Illinois?

J
    WTB:
    SA M-7 Classic blonde stock sets
    Bulgy ((10))/((E)) steel mags
    Bulgy T3 takeoff stock sets
    30-caliber magazine clips?

Feedback Score
    Seconded. I haven't heard anything since it didn't pass. Don't let this issue die.

Was there anything in that law that allowed for reciprocity with other states?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast