Thread: Pre-ban Knight's .308 Stoner Rifle lower

Feedback Score

Pre-ban Knight's .308 Stoner Rifle lower

How rare are pre-ban Knight's .308 Stoner Rifle lowers?

What is their approximate value?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theoak View Post
    How rare are pre-ban Knight's .308 Stoner Rifle lowers?

What is their approximate value?
    I have no idea but I would guess it could draw quite a bit of money from those living behind the lines...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They're rare, but I wonder if the value is diminished by all the ambi features of the current generation lowers. I'd like to find a current mk11 or EMC upper that I can marry to an LMT lower. Can't have a KAC lower here, but the MRS is legal. That'd be a legit legal way into a KAC where I'm at.

Feedback Score
    How many KAC SR-25s were made before Sept 94? Hundreds? 1,000+?

Did anyone else besides KAC manufacture pre-ban .308 ARs?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JPB View Post
    They're rare, but I wonder if the value is diminished by all the ambi features of the current generation lowers. I'd like to find a current mk11 or EMC upper that I can marry to an LMT lower. Can't have a KAC lower here, but the MRS is legal. That'd be a legit legal way into a KAC where I'm at.
    You are right when you think about selling it to someone who can legally buy a current KAC .308. If you are still under a ban of some sort I don't think it would matter if it doesn't have the ambi controls...

Spooky

Feedback Score
    I recently saw a used preban SR-25 lower mated to a EMC clone upper, supposedly built by GAP (unknown receiver + BCG, KAC rails, and a Bartlein barrel).

Is it worth $5,000 since I live in a ban state?

I'm reluctant to spend that much since the upper is a clone and not an actual SR-25 EMC. Then again, would it even possible to get an EMC upper from Knights?

Feedback Score
    Not many, but SR-25s don't really have many "evil" features. In NY/MA it would just mean you could put a flash suppressor and collapsible stock on it. People still buy them there and have muzzle brakes welded on. Not sure about CT and they are non-transferable in CA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRH View Post
    Not sure about CT and they are non-transferable in CA.
    About the only AR in .308 we can have in CA is DPMS pattern we can have Mega's and off listed Armalite style stuff too but DPMS seems to have more aftermarket support, so thats what I built.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post
    That is frozen Vodka.................... they were out of the "on the rocks".....................

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by motorwerks View Post
    About the only AR in .308 we can have in CA is DPMS pattern we can have Mega's and off listed Armalite style stuff too but DPMS seems to have more aftermarket support, so thats what I built.
    I did the opposite. The day Noveske/Armalite lowers became available in CA, I plunked down the card for two of 'em. I believe KAC and Armalite marked lowers are the only ones banned in CA.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't really have the money for Noveske though.
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post
    That is frozen Vodka.................... they were out of the "on the rocks".....................