Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irons only in a rifle course?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    When my department issued AR’s they came set up; light, RDS, and sling. Then policy stated that the only mod allowed was adjustment of the sling. During our 3 day course we ran iron only portions and RDS only portions. Since then we have had at more training with the rifle. The department allows you to use RDS or irons for the further training days, but part of our annual quals is iron only. Lately I have chosen to run iron only at my 3 gun comps just to get some more practice. I usually get my ass whooped, but I generally run slower times than most of them anyway due to wanting to keep my tactics.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan View Post
    I usually get my ass whooped, but I generally run slower times than most of them anyway due to wanting to keep my tactics.
    That's good though. You recognize that and don't carry over bad competition habits to real world scenarios.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Yeah... If I were in charge.. I'd strongly discourage RDS usage...

But only allow Aimpoints in quality mounts installed by the Department armory.

I mean... how many times have I shot with someone with an out of adjustment mount... a mount that came loose, or an RDS that's fickering on and off due to a battery issue or improperly installed battery???

TOO MANY TIMES.
    If everyone would just buy an Aimpoint in a mount from LaRue and change the battery every February 29th they would be fine.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    If everyone would just buy an Aimpoint in a mount from LaRue and change the battery every February 29th they would be fine.
    I plan to buy a bunch of LaRue gear on February 29th!!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I plan to buy a bunch of LaRue gear on February 29th!!!

Oh so snarky......

Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12