Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trust markings

Feedback Score

Trust markings

I went the trust route. And just put my full name on the rifle and did not add the trust part and I was approved. Has any one else done this?

Feedback Score
    good question

i will be watching for the answers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That's not how it works-

You sent in the paperwork, were approved and just put your first and last name on the rifle.

You make it sound like the approval was somehow an effect of the markings.

Legally you MUST engrave the NAME, CITY and STATE of the manufacturer which is the trust if you filled out the form to manufacture an SBR from a lower.

What is your trust name? If your trust name is John Smith Trust, you are 40% there. You should have included the Trust part and you MUST include City and State.

If your trust is called John's NFA Trust then you put your name on there for no reason. "John's NFA Trust ANYTOWN USA" needs to be added.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    This is what I did.

I put my first and last name on the receiver with my town and state.

And I was approved.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    That's not how it works-

You sent in the paperwork, were approved and just put your first and last name on the rifle.

You make it sound like the approval was somehow an effect of the markings.

Legally you MUST engrave the NAME, CITY and STATE of the manufacturer which is the trust if you filled out the form to manufacture an SBR from a lower.

What is your trust name? If your trust name is John Smith Trust, you are 40% there. You should have included the Trust part and you MUST include City and State.

If your trust is called John's NFA Trust then you put your name on there for no reason. "John's NFA Trust ANYTOWN USA" needs to be added.
    Abbreviations are legal too..For example mine reads "xxxrlt,somewhere,tx"

No way Im gonna externally engrave my name on a firearm for any Joe Blow to find out who I am..Especially on a registered item..IMHO thats just screaming "STEAL ME"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeywrench View Post
    This is what I did.

I put my first and last name on the receiver with my town and state.

And I was approved.

No, you are still making it sound like the approval was dependent on the engraving which it is NOT.

What is the name of your trust (format, i.e. John Smith Revocable Living Trust?)

My name is Bobby Silvers. I formed the Bobby Silvers Revocable Living Trust. I engraved my lower "B Silvers RLT, Crackerville IN" and that is acceptable. To engrave my lower "Bobby Silvers" would not be sufficient.

The paperwork that was approved is like a driver's license. You still have to abide by the speed limits, a requirement of driving legally. That's how the engraving is- you do that on your own CORRECTLY to stay legal.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What you engrave should be easily an abbreviation or variation of the Trust, LLC, S-Corp name.

You should also include what you have actually have engraved on the line for 'additional description' on the Form 1.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I didn't include anything under additional markings as there were none at the time and wouldn't be any until the check cleared and I knew it was approved. I don't need to mark a lower that doesn't need to be marked.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    I didn't include anything under additional markings as there were none at the time and wouldn't be any until the check cleared and I knew it was approved. I don't need to mark a lower that doesn't need to be marked.
    True,but once approved,it needs to be engraved to show that the trust or corp owns it..If not, and you get caught with it,you're boned...

Remember,if you use a trust or corp to get NFA goodies,you dont own them,the trust or corp does...You're just an officer of that entity.Therefore the item needs to be marked to show proper ownership.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Exactly, my point is there was nothing to put on the form under additional markings.

I think the OP needs a wake up call- a good one from us, not a bad one from the feds.

Do you guys happen to know why exactly having a suppressor or SBR illegally can net you a fine of up to 100k or 10 years?

There's a specific reason- and it's not "because it is illegal"

Just a little trivia I learned today that is very neat or kinda funny.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast