Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: You get what you pay for? (What separates the aimpoints/eotechs from other optics?

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by christcorp View Post
    So you're saying the EOTech isn't good enough for "Defense of Life"? I would totally disagree. Unless you plan on using your rifle as a battering ram, or plan on crawling in the mud under the barbed wire you surrounded your house with, the eotech is plenty rugged enough. It will even continue to work with broken lenses. As for battery life, that isn't that big of a thing. Not unless you're the type that puts your rifle away and never take it out for years at a time. The eotech used for 2 hours every day, would last almost a year. If you're not firing your defensive weapons as least every couple of months, you have other concerns.
    That is not what I said or meant. Here is what I said:

Originally Posted by usmcvet
    If you want to buy crap go ahead. Don't suggest it to the rest of us. A $100 RDS is CRAP!

If you want an Eotech that's cool. They're well made. Lots of guys want their weapons and gear for defense of life and that is why so many choose an AimPoint. They're the most rugged and provide the best battery life. This provideds the best fighting ability. If your looking to use your gun for something other than life or death buy a chicom RDS and slap it on a POS gun. It's your life.

I don't sleep with my rifle and gas mask anymore either.

Happy Memorial Day and God Bless those sleeping with their weapons tonight so many of us don't have to.

I think Eotech's are well made. They do not work well for me because of my astigmatism, they're also not a $100 CHICOM POS like tac star.

I would not feel bad if I were issued an Eotech. You just have to deal with the battery issues. The battery life of an Aimpoint makes it a set it and forget it RDS. If you grab for it in the middle of the night or the middle of your shift there is a very good chance it will not be on and you will have to turn it on. I don't sleep or work 2 hours a day. I think their batteries turn off after 8 hours. I work ten hour shifts. With an Aimpoint you do not have to remember to turn it on or take the time to turn it on. Seconds can make the difference.

When it comes down to spending my money I choose to spend mine on Aimpoints. Again Eotech's are fine, I think Aimpoints are better and cheap $100 sights are JUNK.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    And with that, I think we can close this out.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456